Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October - out to Beijing, back from Ho Chi Minh

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:36 am
Original Poster

October - out to Beijing, back from Ho Chi Minh

We're based in the UK and wonder if anyone knows of any websites that give me lots of choices as to airlines/routings etc. as opposed to the mainstream websites that give a limited number of options.

Sadly, cost is a major consideration!! But I'm sure that there must be oddball routings (UK to USA to China?) that give benefits I had not thought of. And yes, I am aware that we cannot fly direct from SGN to the USA....

Much Good Karma and a gold star to anyone who points out a business class fare at economy prices!!

Many thanks

(If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move)
Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SteveTustin
We're based in the UK and wonder if anyone knows of any websites that give me lots of choices as to airlines/routings etc. as opposed to the mainstream websites that give a limited number of options.

Sadly, cost is a major consideration!! But I'm sure that there must be oddball routings (UK to USA to China?) that give benefits I had not thought of. And yes, I am aware that we cannot fly direct from SGN to the USA....

Much Good Karma and a gold star to anyone who points out a business class fare at economy prices!!

Many thanks

(If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move)
Actually, you can fly direct from Vietnam to the USA on United Airlines via a stopover in Hong Kong.

Now, if you are looking for a low fare, then flying via the USA is not going to be the cheapest option. What exactly is your budget?
Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply.

Funds limited this year (daughter just got married!) so we are looking at around £700 each.

Best I've seen so far is just over £600 each (economy) using Air France (MAN-CDG-PEK, SGN-BKK-CDG-MAN)

Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2005, 10:09 am

When are you flying?

I'm actually thinking that United (either a through fare or two separate fares via ORD or JFK) could be a good option and within your budget.

And, if you sign up for Economy Plus Access for a fee of $300, you and your travel companion will be able to fly in the special economy plus section which has up to 5 more inches of legroom (the seat width is the same though), on all your United flights for a year.

Here is a link to the FT discussion on this new program:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458366

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51325,00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.