Wiki Posts
Search

Muslim Meal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Muslim Meal

Most airlines define a "Muslim" meal as a meal without pork, as I have found of the hard way on airline like AC and LH.

Does anyone know of airline whose muslims meals have actually been prepared according to the halal method, not just "without pork"?

Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:24 am

you could see if kosher meals are closer to halal standards. most airlines seem to offer them, tho from my experience, they aren't very tasty. i usally just bring a lot of foods i know i can eat, since i can't always find food that fits my needs.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
quick solution...eat vegetarian!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This reminds me of friends who are devout Hindus who were told that only the beef was left. When they expressed shall we say ... disappointment, the FA's attitude seemed to be that they were being "picky". The trip had been organized at a late hour; they were unable to pre-order special meals.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
As far as I know, Emirates, Kuwait Airways, Gulf Air, PIA, Iran Air. But it all depends from where the flight departs.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
This reminds me of friends who are devout Hindus who were told that only the beef was left. When they expressed shall we say ... disappointment, the FA's attitude seemed to be that they were being "picky".
That is quite an unacceptable attitude to take. Aren't FAs supposed to be sensitive to different cultures and religions?

Hope your friends complained!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magexpect
As far as I know, Emirates, Kuwait Airways, Gulf Air, PIA, Iran Air. But it all depends from where the flight departs.

Also Qatar Airways, but ALL the meals supplied by these airlines are Halal, and there isnt a special meal.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:33 pm
Suspended

im kinda confused, seems the OP asked a question yet from the post of the OPs just above he knew the answer, if so why did the OP ask the question??
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by craz
im kinda confused, seems the OP asked a question yet from the post of the OPs just above he knew the answer, if so why did the OP ask the question??
I don't understand your confusion. He knows of maybe six airlines, all from Muslim countries, that serve Halal meals as a matter of course. I wouldn't call a list of six "the answer"! There have to be more than six - and hopefully there will also be some airlines from non-Muslim countries that actually understand the concept of Halal and don't just think it means "no pork"
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I've had Muslim meals on United transcon flights and they've all been vegetarian. Typically rice and potatoes with habshi halwa for dessert. Not bad, and not serving halal meat probably keeps costs down.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:50 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
According to their website, Thai's Muslim meals include halal meat.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:33 am
Scandalous

Last edited by Scandalous; Nov 15, 2005 at 8:10 pm Reason: Deleted by user due to uneasiness with flyertalk censorship policies.

Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
I asked which airlines offer HALAL MUSLIM MEALS, not which airline offer meals that are all Halal. ALL the meals on QR, EK, GF etc are halal, which isnt what I was asking
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I phoned BA, and they advised that all meals to / from the Middle East are completely halal. Moreover muslim meals are prepared according to the halal method ^
Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
UA has Hallal meals... From their website:

Muslim meals
Below are the guidelines United follows when preparing Muslim meals.

Prohibited
Pork, sausages, alcohol, eel, animal fats

Allowed
Fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurt, nuts, rice, corn, pasta, eggs, herbs and spices, cheese and dairy products, dried beans and peas. If locally available, poultry is slaughtered according to the specified Halal methods.
I've had them too (including chicken out of ORD)... Not bad on UA. (And no, the couple of times I've had them, I didn't get SSSS'd!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.