Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you ever walked to the airport?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Lol... glad there is at least one person here who thinks of it. Bet many Trip Reports here would go "straight to the pool room"!
Too good.. "Three degrees in your family...I'd like to see your pool room"
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stayed at the Marriott GSO last month and while they do have an airport shuttle, I realized I could make the five minute walk across a surface parking lot and get to the airport myself which is what I did.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

I've walked to and from PVR when staying at a hotel in the Marina area. It's nice to not deal with the Taxi mafia there who will try to charge you $10 US for a ride that's less than a kilometer.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:22 am

TTN (Trenton NJ), several times. I'd take a bus from the Trenton train station to as close as you could get (which was still at least a mile away). Not a fun walk to the terminal, but a quiet and peaceful one at least.

Any cab you could get from the train wanted at least $40, which isn't terrible but always psychologically conflicted me since the reason I was flying out of TTN was because I was getting a $30- $40 flight on Frontier (doubling my travel cost for an extra 3 miles seemed weird to me)
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
about 1.25 miles from the Fairfield Inn to the terminal at ONT, and numerous times from various LAX-area hotels north of Century Blvd (also Avis/Budget rental car return locations)
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
After not being able to get a taxi from an airport hotel and being concerned with time we stay at Rydges Sydney airport with is 5 steps to the terminal. Step daughter stayed there once and rang me the night before her departure in a panic about how to get to the airport from the hotel. I told her not to worry. Just walk outside the front door, look across the road and you'll see the terminal! The next morning she contacted me and said she felt like an idiot for not realising the airport was so close.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:10 pm

I'm staying in a Hyatt right by LAX next week, and am tempted to walk to my terminal (very early morning flight, so little traffic). Will have to figure out if that's even possible.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
To off-site airport hotels, sure. SEA and LAX come to immediate mind. Otherwise, I was tempted to walk to ETH and would have if we weren't luggage-heavy on the trip.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
I'm staying in a Hyatt right by LAX next week, and am tempted to walk to my terminal (very early morning flight, so little traffic). Will have to figure out if that's even possible.
if it's the Hyatt at Century and Sepulveda, it will be a very easy walk ... maybe 5 min to T1; no more than 15 to T3/T4/TBIT

for T5/6/7/8 you can either walk a bit south on the west side of Sepulveda or take the first cross street after T1

fairly good map here
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:34 pm

I have walked to WLG several times - bus to Seatoun then a short walk to the terminal. Quite pleasant on a nice day!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:30 am
Suspended

Years ago, when I was young and stupid, I went bust in Las Vegas and didn't even have cab-fare to get to LAS. There were no shuttles at the place I was staying. I did the broke-shame walk to LAS from the strip with luggage in tow. Yes, it's further than it looks. You can see the hapless doing this at any given time if you drive down Paradise Rd. to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.