Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: DL, US
I am generally asked for my BP while entering CRC. One time, an agent in ATL incorrectly stated w/attitude I need to be flying DL in order to enter. After telling her that she was wrong, she was still adament she was right b/c she had been working there for 10 years.

Fortunately, her supervisor was standing around and overheard our conversation. He corrected her and I entered.

When flying DL, they scan the BP. Other times they just take down flight information.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:52 am

Priority Pass --- Not recommended

I would not recommend this company. I telephoned the office in London, UK to cancel my membership. Was told a refund would be issued. Later they refused to provide any refund but cancelled my membership anyway.

I have had a bad experience with Priority Pass so would not recommend them
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
By contrast, I've been a member for two years and have nothing but good things to say about the PP program. YMMV.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jackson2
I would not recommend this company. I telephoned the office in London, UK to cancel my membership. Was told a refund would be issued. Later they refused to provide any refund but cancelled my membership anyway.

I have had a bad experience with Priority Pass so would not recommend them
Odd for a "first poster" to revive a 3 year old thread with a nondescript complaint??? Anyway, I've been happy with my PP membership over the past year.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
indeed

Especially since there have been several other threads on PP in the interim. I love Priority Pass.I've used t all over the world without a problem.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:22 pm

I bought membership for Mrs. Scubadiver right after the Branuski (sp?) article. She was on the road a lot. A clean restroom when you are in the back of beyond is just a lifesaver. When I went on the road, I piggybacked my membership on hers. It has paid for itself many times over. For domestic travel PP is just a luxury. But when we go to out-of-the-way places, a room with leather seats instead of plastic, food and drink that doesn't conjure visions of Imodium, and the ability to sit without an arm or leg looped through the strap of the carry-on is a Godsend. Did I mention clean restrooms?

We seldom have the choice of airlines, so rarely have status. It makes a 15-hour layover, of a long weather delay tolerable.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
Especially since there have been several other threads on PP in the interim. I love Priority Pass.I've used t all over the world without a problem.
+1
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
I only used PP for one yr (then switched to CRC) but was very happy with its acceptance in the US.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:43 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I've bought the unlimited visits level of PP for a good number of years, at times alternating with a CO Presidents Club membership. If you are traveling where your own airline does not have a club room, it's worth every penny. I would have bought it one year just for lounge access in Madrid, and the lounge was quite acceptable/nice. They had "sleeper" lounge chairs facing the tarmac, and they had a variety of alcoholic and soft drinks along with sandwiches. There is hardly an airport lf any size in the world that does not have lounge usage as part of the pass. One issue to consider is that if you often travel with others, there are no guests you can bring in with you without paying a separate fee, though my friends and I have always found it well worth it.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:19 pm

Isn't Priority Pass Lounge Access a cool Program?

As part of my American Express Credit Card from Bank of America I also get Priority Pass lounge access as an additional benefit at no extra charge. I love this program and have used it on all of my travels so far. Just recently I used it in Las Vegas at the Continental Presidents Club and enjoyed the free unlimited alcohol and snacks. It made the wait time before the flight more relaxing.

At LAX I enjoyed the Alaska Boardroom during my 2 hour layover. I love their coffee, espresso, alcohol and snacks. The employees were very professional and I had a nice chat with them.

At SFO I enjoyed the Presidents Club. The front desk staff said they even wished they had Priority Pass as it allows them to go to other lounges if they are flying on different airlines.

In a few weeks I will be back at LAX and I will go to the Alaska Boardroom before taking the FlyAway bus for some breakfast and coffee. I have saved money by using the lounges instead of going to Starbucks I will wait until the lounge for my Baileys Coffee.

This program is a godsend and I want to hear your views and experiences using Priority Pass. One comment I made to Bank of America is to allow access to Delta and American Airlines with just the credit card so we will see what happens.

Anyways Priority Pass rocks in my opinion considering you have more than one lounge option in one airport. And I can conduct meetings at the SFO lounge since it is located outside of security it will save money in the long run if I pay $27 vs $50 for a day pass.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Each visit is $27?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:38 pm

$27 is for guests

If you are on their primer program guests only pay $27.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
As part of my American Express Credit Card from Bank of America I also get Priority Pass lounge access as an additional benefit at no extra charge.
What BofA Amex do you have?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
It's got it's perks, but $27/visit would drain me real fast, considering I can join the DL Crown Room for $300/yr, which gets me access to DL, NW, AS and CO (for now) lounges without paying anything extra. That would come out to 11 visits for $302, and I tend to use the lounges a lot more than 11 times/yr (11 times/month maybe...).

Now, for the full option of $400, it's worht considering a bit, especially if you do a lot of international travel. Next year, I'm leaning toward doing PP over CRC since it looks like NW/DL will stay with PP, and I'll then be able to get CO lounge access, plus some others. Plus, as a ST E+, I'll still get lounge access on international itineraries.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Look around, you can get the unlimited access program (Premier, I think it's called) for less than the advertised $399.00.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.