Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs you travel too much. [Archived]

Old Nov 12, 2004, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Here's what I compiled so far. Feel free to add your insight.
  • Instead of saying how often you travel, you say "I'm Platinum"
  • There is competetion on who got the nicest rental car for the week
  • There is competetion on who got the most hotel points for the week
  • You wake up right before the first bell on decsent when in flight
  • You leave your suitcase and laundry at your hotel
  • FAs know you by name
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Your dog is more excited to see your housesitter than you.....
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
You tell the FA's to sit down so you can do the safety demo, since you have it memorized...

"Welcome Aboard Delta Air Lines. The most important service we can provide for you is to ensure your safety. Please pay close attention as we demonstrate... ...If you are seated in an exit row and do not meet these requirements, or if you don't want to sit there, please notify a flight attendant now.. ..The white lights lead to red lights, and exit signs, which show you the exits. Please take a few moments to locate the two nearest exits, and keep in mind, they might be behind you..."

And It's really bad if you know it in spanish:

"...No permitito fumar en este o en ningun otro vuelo de Delta. Las Leyes federalez prohiban forzar, desactivar o deystruir las dectectores de humo de los banos..."

Last edited by DLmedalliongold; Nov 12, 2004 at 7:30 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
"...No permitito fumar en este o en ningun otro vuelo de Delta. Las Leyes federalez prohiban forzar, desactivar o deystruir las dectectores de humo de los banos..."
OMG yes!
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:58 am

Here are a few:
  • When you wake up from a deep sleep during a red-eye and you have no idea where you are, where you are going, and comfortably fall back to sleep knowing that you will figure it out when you land.
  • When you fail to pay attention to any flight numbers or hotel room numbers... leaving you describing your flight as the Six Something to Newark... and trying your room card key at a bunch of hotel room doors until one opens.
  • When you park your rental car at an office building to attend a meeting... and when you get out... you totally forget what kind or color car rented. It is especially painful when you do not have a remote key fob... to help clue you in.
  • When you go to a movie rental store.... and you can not find a single movie you have not seen... and you have not rented a movie or been in a movie theater for over ten years.
  • When you can consistently more accurately predict the actual departure and arrival time than the Captain during a weather or traffic delay.
  • When all public address announcements by pilots and flight attendants sound like the Teacher Voices when they talk to the "Peanuts" characters... "Wah..Wha...Wha.Wha.Wha"
  • Your family, friends and neighbors do not know you by name

Last edited by ptcflyer; Nov 12, 2004 at 8:06 am
Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
When you place your hands under the faucet at home, expecting the water to come on by itself.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
ComAirKid, as much as I like this thread, it simply isn't a DL topic. Therefore I am moving it to TravelBuzz.

Rssrsvp - Moderator
Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
PTC Flyer,

"When you fail to pay attention to any flight numbers or hotel room numbers... leaving you describing your flight as the Six Something to Newark... and trying your room card key at a bunch of hotel room doors until one opens."

You hit the nail on the head!

I often wake up Monday morning trying to remember what time my flight is to XXX. It's usually always between 8:00 and 9:00, so I just show up at the airport at 7:30 and stick the Skymiles Amex in the kiosk and then I remember where, when and what...lol

And when you're at the hotel, it's even worse if you can't remember which floor you're on... It can take forever to find your room when you miss the floor number!
Old Nov 12, 2004, 9:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
When you go to a movie rental store.... and you can not find a single movie you have not seen... and you have not rented a movie or been in a movie theater for over ten years

Oh how true - even more so when you live in the UK and the movies are released a couple of weeks / months later than in the US anyway !!
Old Nov 12, 2004, 9:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
When the counter agent calls you from line by name - Mr Cordelli, where are you off to this morning?

When you and your wife pass at the airport as she is arriving and you are leaving, have a quick meal, you pass her the parking ticket and keys, and try to give directions to where in the lot it is.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 9:57 am

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
You instinctively go to the airport, and as you are ready to check in, you remember that you are home for the week.

(this happened to me once)
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:06 am

Programs: AC, WN, AA
Originally Posted by ptcflyer
[*]When you fail to pay attention to any flight numbers or hotel room numbers... leaving you describing your flight as the Six Something to Newark... and trying your room card key at a bunch of hotel room doors until one opens.
I've had something similar happen to me several times with luggage lockers at Russian train stations. I had to start dialing in my combination on lockers until one started humming. It could sometimes take a while.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When you go to the check-in counter at the airports and the agents pull out your boarding pass before you give them your ID, name, or flight information.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:33 am

A few more:

When you are always pulling your toiletries out of your shaving kit... even when home....

When you are on your way to the office (or anywhere else)... and you always inadvertantly take the exit to the airport .... out of habbit. ... (Like a Horse Breaking for the Barn)

Or when you answer the question... Where are you from?
as... "Everywhere... I just happen to make short weekend trips to my home town frequently".

When your four year old kid asks why he has to travel first class without his own Personal in-seat video screen (Mileage Redemption) and you refer to him as "your little redeemer".

When you take your entire extended family on an incredible trip to Hawaii.. and it didn't even put a dent into your frequent flyer balance.

When you have your routine down so pat that you always manage to arrive for your flight just in time..... and you have developed a permanent callous on your rear-end from the airplane door hitting you as you board.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
When you place your hands under the faucet at home, expecting the water to come on by itself.
And when your spouse gets upset that you never flush the toilet....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.