Search

College Station, TX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
College Station, TX

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in College Station, TX? I considered posting this on the "Luxury Hotels" board, but I suspect nothing near CLL qualifies.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 2:32 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I have stayed at the Hilton College Station a couple of times when going to watch a game on a weekend of from the offica in Austin.

The hotel is ok...

www.hiltoncs.com
Old Sep 2, 2003, 7:04 pm

Well the Hilton is ok, I like the new Marriott Courtyard..
Old Sep 2, 2003, 10:57 pm

Dallas?????
Old Sep 3, 2003, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Yeah, I've considered Dallas (3-4 hours away) and Houston and Austin (about 2 hours away each), each of which has a Four Seasons, as well as other good choices. But I'd prefer not to make the drive.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 8:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
If visiting Texas A&M, you might as well stay in the MSC (Memorial Student Center) guest rooms. Better than the Hilton.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 3:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eMailman:
If visiting Texas A&M, you might as well stay in the MSC (Memorial Student Center) guest rooms. Better than the Hilton.</font>
Do they still have rooms there??? I was raised in B/CS (mainly CS) and remember playing cards, exploring, and just hanging out at the MSC with the occasional excursion to the hotel section of the MSC in the 70's. My brother worked at the Rudder Center and thus I could pretty much go where I pleased. D*mn, is that going back a long way.

I am completely unfamiliar with the hotel scene in College Station these days but my recollection is that the whole business there is built off the back of TAMU events.

Let me know what you find. I'm interested to hear what things are like there these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.