Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling w/ a Mach3 Razor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2003, 3:16 pm

I wrap a Kleenex around the blade.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: Free Mach travel holder/case is the current "included with purchase" freebie promo at Wal-Marts.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 2:31 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
I travel extensively, and all I do is drop the Mach III handle, with one blade attached, in my toiletries bag.

I have never noticed any damage to the blades after scores of trips, and I have never had a problem with TSA concerning any razor.

BTW, my method saves valuable time when it is time to shave, as I don not have to attach a blade to the handle, or take the razor out of some kind of case.

------------------
United UGS, 1K, Million Mile Flyer
Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Starwood Platimun

[This message has been edited by divaof travel (edited 08-17-2003).]
Old Aug 17, 2003, 4:27 pm
R&R

I remove the blade into the 2 blade holer underside of the handle holder that comes with the razor purchase. I assume it takes less space then the current special offer cases, but take a look at them, while killing time by 'just shopping'!
It then is set ontop of the square flat Soap case in the upper left hand corner of the Flat leather toiletries kitwith a zipper on three side, that I got in Toronto 'just shopping'! The tax rebate made me do it!
Stopped using pressure canned shave cream due to size. Found the Bodyshop shaving cream in tha short thick tube to the best lube, that I have ever used. Hard Water is the ultimate test for a smooth easy shave, and we have that here in SAN! With any other shave cream, I use the nice little bars of GLYCERINE soap as a beard softeer or pre-shave sofener.
Lab for Men POWERWASH is a good face cleanser, that prepared the beard for an easier shave as well.
The newer Shick shavers give a horrible shave and I wonder how they stay in business.
Used the Gillete shaving gel for years, but it seems irritating now.
The best Moisterizers are the BIOTHERME FOR MEN line, which I stock up on, while 'just shopping' at the DUTY FREE airport stores on the way to the gates. The REVITALIZER and the new ANTI-AGE with Olive Leaf Extract are the greatest.
Clarins came out withh a men's phytochemical based cream, but it seems greasey!
This maybe more then you wanted to know!

Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Still scraping with a Sensor Excel, but this is an interesting thread... Most of us guys don't compare grooming notes too often.

Picked up some Palmolive shaving goop in a tube while staying in France and likewise find it less bulky than even the little travel cans of shaving cream that don't last that long anyway.

Incidentally, I was more than a little annoyed on a flight out of PVR in December to have Mexican security confiscate a pack containing four blades. They were a clean-shaven looking bunch too. I realized when I got home that they had missed a full pack in the bottom and that made me feel a little better, except for wondering if they every miss anything really important...

I haven't experienced that particular confiscation anywhere else - probably there's been a thread on it that I've missed.

Cheers,
Fredd

Old Aug 17, 2003, 7:00 pm

Well if you're passing through FRA or MIL at any time they sell in the duty free shop the travel size (3 inch high) Gilette shaving gel which i find perfect to save space with.
These are the only places i've seen them! and i look everywhere.

I've only had a Mach 3 blade taken off me once and that was leaving DUB.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 8:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles
Due to a childhood incident, razors are useless to me because of a phobia. So, I use Panasonic's shaver--it's close and gets the job done, plus I never have to worry about the TSA. But I don't think you can kill a person with a typical shaving razor can you? They aren't like the free-standing blades in the barbershops, heh.

------------------
Best regards,
Dairenn Lombard
Los Angeles, CA
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:59 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dlombard:
So, I use Panasonic's shaver--it's close and gets the job done, plus I never have to worry about the TSA. But I don't think you can kill a person with a typical shaving razor can you?</font>
Airport security in some countries is very concerned about electric razors (enough so that I have stopped traveling with one!). Apparently bombs disguised as shavers have been found in the past. The TSA doesn't seem to pay electric shavers any special attention (perhaps they have better scanners).
Old Aug 19, 2003, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Update: Free Mach travel holder/case is the current "included with purchase" freebie promo at Wal-Marts.</font>
Seriously, if anyone picks up and extra one of these and wouldn't mind mailing it to Seattle, please let me know.

The above suggestions, still don't work for me.

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Maybe it's time for a Male Travelers forum to go side-by-each with the Women Travelers forum!
Old Aug 21, 2003, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'm with Hunki - I use the disposable versions when on the road. They come with the little plastic cover to protect the blades. There are always two in my travel kit.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I still haven't found a suitable travel case for my Mach3.

Has anything new come up?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:34 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I keep it, along with a toothbrush, toothpaste, King of Shaves oil and a few contact lenses, in an old KLM amenity tin. Works well for all of them.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:22 pm

LMAO! at this thread.

M8

Last edited by Martinis at 8; Nov 10, 2005 at 6:00 am
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:55 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Have you considered an electric razor? I'm really happy with my Braun Syncro. No blades, no cuts, no creams or goops. Has a sideburn trimmer, too. Cleanup? Like Ron Popiel says, "it's a snap!"

In addition, it has a slick travel case, of course.

Another benefit with an electric razor is that you don't have to shave over the sink or in front of a mirror. In hotels I'll shave while sitting on the edge of the bed, watching TV.

The downside, for some people, is that electrics don't work well for other parts of the body.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.