Morons Who Insist on Putting Their Smelly-Arsed Feet on the Bulkhead Wall

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Morons Who Insist on Putting Their Smelly-Arsed Feet on the Bulkhead Wall

prspad

posted 02-07-2003 10:42 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my pet peeves is that when settled into either a premium First or Business Class seat, or near the front of Coach when traveling Y, invariably, someone in a bulkhead seat feels the need to kick off their shoes and prop their stinky feet up on the bulkhead wall. Since F/A's mostly ignore advising about this practice, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the perpetrators to get their feet down and out of our line of sight?
IP: Logged

DataPlumber

From: Chicago, IL; AA GOLD, UA PE, CO SLV Elite, Starwood PLT
posted 02-07-2003 10:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It drives me up a wall too. Appearently, their parents didn't raise them with manners. I've also notice many flyers with horrible table manners, chewing with mouths open, talking while eating.. etc

JonNYC

posted 02-07-2003 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DataPlumber:
I've also notice many flyers with horrible table manners, chewing with mouths open, talking while eating.. etc

God forbid! Using the wrong plastic fork as well???

I do agree about the foot thing though...

AAEXP

posted 02-07-2003 10:56 AM
If people take their shoes of and have non-smelling feet (which is actually possible, believe it or not), I do not see a problem. I for one am one of your "morons".
What about a smelling (body odor) co-passenger in the seat next to you? Should he/she get of the plane?

On long haul flights, should people be required to keep their shoes on? C'mon!

If you have a special problem with this "activity" I would suggest you kindly ask your fellow passenger to refrain from putting his/her feet on the bulkhead wall. You can get a long way by just asking.

LLZ

posted 02-07-2003 11:06 AM
Oh geez...haven't we done this before...or was that CO or DL?
Some people have stinky feet some don't. Some people have stinky bodies...some don't. Some think it's rude to place feet on bulkhead....some don't.

Bottom line: the some FA's don't like it...some don't care, but I've never seen one tell a pax to "bring em down to the floor" and even the most NAZI-est of them I can't imagine bringing up a "security/safety" issue over this.

tazi

posted 02-07-2003 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by prspad:
One of my pet peeves is that when settled into either a premium First or Business Class seat, or near the front of Coach when traveling Y, invariably, someone in a bulkhead seat feels the need to kick off their shoes and prop their stinky feet up on the bulkhead wall. Since F/A's mostly ignore advising about this practice, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the perpetrators to get their feet down and out of our line of sight?

Do you have some sort of anti-foot fetish? Is it the sight of feet or the smell that bothers you?

ESpen36

From: CT, USA; AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
posted 02-07-2003 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AAEXP:
On long haul flights, should people be required to keep their shoes on? C'mon!

Actually, it could be very unhealthy for the feet to keep your shoes on for a long flight. Feet expand and swell while flying, so the best thing you can do for them is prop them up. I certainly don't advocate putting smelly feet up on the bulkhead, but I DO encourage using one's carry-on bag as a footrest (in Y or domestic F).

J S

posted 02-07-2003 11:48 AM
I often book the bulkhead just so that I can put my feet up. No one has ever asked me to put them down.
-Another Moron
P.S. Blame me, not my parents. They raised me well.

JIMBOLIGUY

posted 02-07-2003 12:12 PM
I am another of the morons. I take the bulkhead for two reasons -- there is noone to put their seatbacks into my lap and the wall for a footrest.
I DO NOT put my feet on the wall with dirty sox, no sox or holes in my sox.

I have never had anyone ask me to put my feet down. If they did, I would tell them I have to do it for medical reasons.

If you dont like it -- dont sit in the bulkhead.

-Jim

$1500forGLD

posted 02-07-2003 12:27 PM
I'm another one of those "filthy animals" who feels the need to put my dirty feet on the pristine bulkead. I have a suggestion for you so that my rancid feet are not in your line of sight -- close your freaking eyes!

quote:

SHADO

From: Boston, MA. AA Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Gold, Priority Club Gold, Starwoods Prefered, and I love CX
posted 02-07-2003 12:32 PM

quote:

Tough bananas. I'm not too keen of your 1st Class or Business Class feet coming into my coach section to use the coach section lavatory. So long as there is "More Room in Coach", I'll put my feet up there with shoes or slippers on.

The reality is, the smell you really are smelling is the BC lavatory that the FAs don't clean *AT ALL*!

Don

posted 02-07-2003 12:41 PM
prspad -
no, you're not crazy. you made a simple, legitimate point.

why the flames in response? IMHO, everyday, this becomes more and more of a Southwest style world: Ozzy & clan are heroes, tractor pulls are high culture. Sigh.

there's a huge difference between prissy, artificial "manners" and simple civility ... but as you can read in this post, fewer and fewer people understand it. oh well.

Old Feb 7, 2003, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think this is bad manners. I do it on UA flights when the F bulkhead gives me very little room and I need to stretch my legs.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
From a moron - when my row 1 bulkhead has not much legroom, my clean feet with clean socks will often go, from time to time, on the bulkhead wall. Often, the person next to me will do the same. Now, when the feet from row 2 are hitting my elbow on the armrest when they put them through the gap between the row 1 seats.... that is a different story!
Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I make sure to wear nice clean, hole-free socks when I fly. And yep, up on the builkhead they go.

My feet don't stink!
Old Feb 7, 2003, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My farts don't smell!
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:02 pm
RS

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro
I don't exactly understand the problem. If it's smelly feet, "get[ting]...feet down and out of our line of sight" doesn't really solve the problem.

Is it smelling the feet or seeing the feet that is a problem here? Or is it putting one's feet on the fabric on the bulkhead?

If the feet don't smell, is it the sight? What if one has socks? Are you saying you shouldn't take your shoes off on the plane? Why are socks given out in amenity kits in first class - I assume to be worn on the plane without shoes.

Is it ok to lie down on several vacant seats with one's shoes off? Or is it just putting them up on the bulkhead that's a problem?

Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:31 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
OK all you complainers. Kwitcher*****in. Get used to it. Get weaned!

So long as the feet aren't pushing anybody, it's perfectly OK.

20/20 Feb 7, 2002. Featuring a girl, now in her teens, who was born without arms. She, like others with the same handicap, uses her feet for the same purposes as most other folks use their hands.

Or all you complainers just upset you can't get from one aisle to the other easily in a widebody jet because someone's legs stretched across the otherwise walkable space behind a bulkhead?

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm

"Sorry boss, I missed my connection last night and got home from the business trip four hours after I expected, so I decided to balance my checkbook before lunch instead of darn your socks."

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Deja vu all over again :

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/006795.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/001929.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/005346.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.