Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lambert airport St.Louis

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2002, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Lambert airport St.Louis

Hi can anyone tell me how this airport is layed out as far as international travel is concerned .I will be coming from London Gatwick at about 3 pm and my connection is 1 hour later.I am wondering if i can make it in that short of time.Can anyone help. Thanks It is AA airlines
Old Dec 20, 2002, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
The flight most often time goes out of C36 so you shouldn't have a problem. Its just a regular gate for Departure to Europe. Worst cast it should take more than 15 minutes if you have to go from one end to the other but 36 is rather central. Purposely I'd assume.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

STL is laid out like the letter V, with most of the widebody jets like 767 served by gates at the far ends of the "V". Depending on where your connecting flight is located, it can take 20-30 minutes at a fast walk to get to your connecting gate.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 12:32 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Though lacking in amenities - no good lounges and whatnot. Lambert is a breeze for transfers to and from LGW. It should really take you no more than 25 minutes to get from one end of the airport to the another. There are moving sidewalks to help along your journey.

lala
Old Dec 21, 2002, 4:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by coplatua1k:
36 is rather central. </font>
With all due respect, have you ever flown to/from STL? C36 is as far from being "central" as it comes.

And Gatwick flight usually arrives at C32 (I think that's the only gate that is set up for international arrivals), which is also not central.

Plus, STL international arrivals are rather cumbersome (compared to JFK or ORD), and you'll have to carry your luggage quite far and go through the extra security line before getting into the terminal.

IMO, 1 hour international-to-domestic is cutting it close (while still legal). Depending on how late/early your LGW flight arrives, and which gate your domestic flight will depart from, you may end up either being perfectly OK, or running like hell from C32 to D36...

And lala -- those moving sidewalks cover just a fraction of total walking length if you need to go from the end of C to the end of D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.