Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA new carry-on size checks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2001, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
FRA new carry-on size checks

Im wondering what experiences you all have had with the new carry-on checks that have kicked in at FRA since the end of May. How strict are they?
Old Jun 6, 2001, 10:59 pm

Programs: Many
I cant speak for FRA but at HKG on 5/29 I was told by security my rollaboard was illegal because including the wheels it was 23" long instead of 22". I had checked in at the airport train station on Hong Kong island and gotten a tag saying my rollaboard was ok. I had to go back to the UA ticket counter at the airport and get a special waiver tag that they attached. I was flying C, however I'm wondering if they would have done it for Y pax.
Old Jun 7, 2001, 3:29 am

Who's carrying on these checks? I was at FRA this weekend, and I had two carry-ons. No checks at all, even though I'm sure my weekend bag was probably too big (techincally). The only thing I noticed is that the people at the x-ray machines seem to have gotten a bit more nasty since the last time I was at FRA. I was going to ask one if she has previously worked for the Stasi, but thought better of it.
Old Jun 7, 2001, 8:42 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by jja34-1:
Who's carrying on these checks? I was at FRA this weekend, and I had two carry-ons. No checks at all, even though I'm sure my weekend bag was probably too big (techincally). The only thing I noticed is that the people at the x-ray machines seem to have gotten a bit more nasty since the last time I was at FRA. I was going to ask one if she has previously worked for the Stasi, but thought better of it.</font>

They can not possibly have been more nasty than before ! These are the Stasi rejects, because the Stasi always needed to pretend that hey were nice. Once they made the guy in front of me take his belt off. His trousers dropped to the knees !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.