Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Advice on airlines NYC to Dublin needed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2001, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

I am a not so frequent traveller looking for advice on flights to london. At this point, my choices are probably Delta or Air Lingus from JKF. I am able to fly business class.

The remarks I have seen have been pretty negative on Air Lingus. I booked it originally because the seating configuration included a solo seat, but am having second thoughts.

Any advice on whether there are personal TV monitors, computer plug ins, good food, nice service on either of Delta or AL would be very much appreciated!!
Old Apr 24, 2001, 2:15 pm

DL Business has personal monitors, good service, decent food. a quirk is that 3 days/week the JFK flight goes to SHH first. the ATL flight is the opposite
Old Apr 24, 2001, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input Dant... and apologies for having crossed posted with other boards (wasn't aware of policy,newbie here).
Old Apr 24, 2001, 3:36 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
You can fly on EI, DL or CO for non-stop service.

Flying from JFK on DL, they use 767s which have smaller seats then the MD11s and 777s. COs service is fine. EI on a Biz ticket provides free pickup and drop off, so you may want to consider this. I normally go CO or DL with EI as the last resort, but mainly due to mileage acruel.
Old Apr 24, 2001, 4:43 pm

If you want to beat the red-eye and that horrible "morning after" feeling you might consider one of the day flights to LHR (especially the 0830 American flight), and then connect to one of the last Dublin flights ex-LHR. That'd get you into Dublin in time for a late dinner and a pint of the black stuff. No jet lag and the day flights are nearly always on time. When you return to New York leave Dublin in time to connect with the last AA flight to JFK (2030 I believe) and you have nearly a full day in Ireland as opposed to a few hours if you take the direct lunchtime flights. Might be worth considering...
Old Apr 24, 2001, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
I'd suggest going with DL's BizE product. Or, if you're wide, go with CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.