Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shuttle time/duration

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Arrow Shuttle time/duration

Any idea how I find out how long it usually takes for the Alamo can rental shuttle to get from DTW to YQG?

I am flying into DTW but it looks like car rental rates are cheaper if I take the shuttle to to YQG. I'd like to know if the lower price is worth the shuttle trip-time.

I have sent email to Alamo but didn't receive a response and I can't find any information on their website.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by iowa guy
Any idea how I find out how long it usually takes for the Alamo can rental shuttle to get from DTW to YQG?

I am flying into DTW but it looks like car rental rates are cheaper if I take the shuttle to to YQG. I'd like to know if the lower price is worth the shuttle trip-time.

I have sent email to Alamo but didn't receive a response and I can't find any information on their website.
Wow! I didn't know that a car-rental company in Canada had a free shuttle from an airport in the U.S.

Have you tried to find a phone number for the Alamo branch in Windsor, and call them directly?

Using MapQuest or Google Maps, you can probably estimate the drive time of a roundtrip from Windsor to DTW.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I guess I could be wrong about the shuttle. I did a search using Kayak and it said a shuttle was available but, maybe, that's not correct. I was just assuming it was free--but I could be wrong about that too.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:08 pm

I fly into DTW a lot, renting from National/Alamo and have never seen such a thing. If it did exist, it's about 25 minutes to the border, anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours at the border, then it seems it's about another 20 minutes to the Windsor Airport. Maybe not the worst thing if your destination is Windsor, but if your destination is on the US side, you will need to drive back, pay the tolls and have another border wait. If this exists, it does not sound worth it. At all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.