Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Worst phone call/dealing with most incompetent airline/hotel rep/travel agent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst phone call/dealing with most incompetent airline/hotel rep/travel agent?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 9:50 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I was trying to make changes to a UA award that included some LH F legs. DEN-YYZ-FRA-TXL/ZRH-FRA-YYZ-DEN.

I wanted to change the DEN-YYZ leg. Called UA and somehow the agent wound up deleting my entire itinerary, couldn't piece it back together and told me there was nothing she could do.

May that agent never fly an on-time flight again.

I called UA back three times playing call center roulette and fortunately found an agent willing to talk to their *A liaison and LH counterparts in order to put everything back together.
Had similar happen on AA multiple times. Finally learned my lesson to not mess with award tickets unless absolutely necessary due to the stress associated with these colossal screw ups. Best thing is no one ever says sorry for the hours on the phone and associated stress or offers any sort of mileage compensation despite it being obviously a CSRs fault

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.