Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Unusual "lounges" on the Priority Pass network.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum

Noticed that Priority Pass has recently contracted some unusual lounges and in some cases,these are not even lounges at all.

LHR-CLUB MILLESIME AT SOFITEL LONDON HEATHROW. It's unusual to have a PP lounge in a hotel is not it?;
LGW-GRAIN STORE CAFE & BAR. PP holders get 15GBP off the bill (discontinued);
PHX-MINUTE SUITES. 1 hour complimentary access to the private suites.
OVB (Russia)-MOVIE HOUR. Private cinema suites rental (upto 3 hours);

That's all I can think of so far,but I would be curious what other "lounges" are there on the PP network!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I was in the Puerto Maldonado, Peru (PEM) airport on 3/24, a VERY small airport (two gates) and they had a VIP/Priority Pass lounge - I was very surprised. BTW, it was small, but nice.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Priority Pass PNH Cambodia

I was very pleased with this lounge. It seemed to be very new.

Hot noodle bar to order from and also mango salad to order. Plenty of other hot dishes too. Spacious, 2 minutes to gate (I could see them lining up below).

Thai movie star was there to boot!

One drawback: they limit you to 2 alcoholic drinks (tickets), but then forgot to collect mine so perhaps they really don't care.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Seems like PP is adding more and more "venues", which don't fit the normal definition of an airport lounge:

In addition to all these US airports, where there are no lounges and PP contracts restaurants and bars, they have just added 3 lounges located at the Railway stations in Russia.

You have to have a train ticket (I am not sure if suburban "electrichka" train tickets are valid here) and the maximum stay time is 2 hours. This may be useful to those of you travelling on Sapsan in Economy between LED and MOW (F and J tickets grant you access anyways). Now, Russian Railways lounges are not quite as good as CX F and access can normally be purchased for 200-400RUB (3-5USD), but if you ended up arriving half an hour early, its not a bad place to chill for a bit.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...e-599a990e9fab
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...8-d605cb42d826
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...2-755c0196f306
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I will also throw in Yotelair airside non Schengen in CDG 2E. I have not tried it but it seems you get access to the hotel lobby and get a 10€ credit for food and drink. There are several other hotels elsewhere on the PP network.

Priority Pass link here.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Juliaca (JUL) in the High Altiplano of southern Peru, near Lake Titicaca (Puno region). Very small airport with only a few gates.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I will also throw in Yotelair airside non Schengen in CDG 2E. I have not tried it but it seems you get access to the hotel lobby and get a 10€ credit for food and drink. There are several other hotels elsewhere on the PP network.

Priority Pass link here.
This Yotel lounge in Paris CDG2, at the L gates, is dreadful. I was in there yesterday and there is nothing there except a few couches and a long table with game boards engraved under the glass, such as draughts and backgammon. The coffee machine did not work and there was a very limited selection of drinks and snacks, which the young lady on the front desk had to come and retrieve by opening a drawer like contraption. Don’t think there was alcohol, but I didn’t want any at the time. Definitely not worth burning one of my Priority Pass visits for. One thing though, the young staff were really really nice and did their best to make up for it.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Concerto
This Yotel lounge in Paris CDG2, at the L gates, is dreadful.
Thanks for the update, it does sound a facility to avoid, even though CDG isn't a bit thin on this sort of facility overall.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This Yotel lounge in Paris CDG2,...
Images and information here:

https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/pari...rt/club-lounge

Help yourself to our free hot drinks or alternatively get some food and beverages from our SmartBox vending,
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dire, isn’t it? You’d think a paid lounge program could do better than this. I might have been up for a game of snakes & ladders if there had been someone to play with and a dice with a couple of pieces.

What about the lounge in 2D, the Sheltair Lounge I believe? Can I access that by staying airside, coming from LHR and connecting to Schengen? I will have a 3 hour layover in CDG on Monday. CDG is really the pits if you don’t have status on AFKL.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Dire, isn’t it? You’d think a paid lounge program could do better than this.
"paid"

At this point, someone's emotional support peacock probably has a PP membership via some card or another.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well in my case I paid for it and so am not getting it as a perk due to frequent flyer elite status or a certain brand of credit card (although I have status with Lufthansa Group and don’t need my PP for flights with them). I mostly travel alone, so I’ve just worked out what I think might be the best solution. I like the point about the emotional support peacock, though! I’ve been thinking a lot about peacocks recently!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like the Minute Suites in PHX aren't part of Priority Pass anymore, but I'd be okay with more of that sort of thing on the network. Especially since there are airports where there's not really space for a lounge per se but other stuff exists already.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by tmiw
Looks like the Minute Suites in PHX aren't part of Priority Pass anymore, but I'd be okay with more of that sort of thing on the network. Especially since there are airports where there's not really space for a lounge per se but other stuff exists already.
Minute Suites in A at DFW is still part of the program. Interesting that the one in PHX was removed.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is "LGW-GRAIN STORE CAFE & BAR. PP holders get 15GBP off the bill" still discontinued. Just got PP after a decade of not needing it (via AMEX) and it shows in the pack I received.

PS is lounge hopping allowed (I have unlimited+1 free guest account)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.