Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A travel nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:41 am
Original Poster

A travel nightmare

So somehow I managed to not only be really late for a flight but to completely forget my luggage. With no time left to go back home and get it I make my way through security.

Of course the TSA immediately sensed that I was in a rush and I got 'randomly' selected for extra screening ensuring that I will have to race down the terminal if I had any hope of making my flight. (Although a traveler with no luggage might also have something to do with it)

None of this compares to the horror that happened next though. Despite what I was pretty sure wasn't even close to a full flight to SYD my upgrade didn't clear. I ran towards the gate hoping to plead my case but, with boarding already started, I was probably going to have to spend the next 15+ hours in Y

Fortunately it was at this point that my alarm clock woke me up. And yes this is my actual dream from last night
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
A travel nightmare

I have ones similar to that before
But for me I got on the wrong plane going nowhere we I was supposed to be
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Were you in your underwear the whole time and was the plane piloted by your 2nd grade teacher who scolded you for being late? That would have just made the nightmare complete!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Stay home. You're traveling too much.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My recurring travel dream is taking a TATL flight that stays at an altitude of 100 feet the entire time.

My seat is always on top of the fuselage so I can see everything very well.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Were you in your underwear the whole time and was the plane piloted by your 2nd grade teacher who scolded you for being late? That would have just made the nightmare complete!
Ha no - I told my wife and she said "Well at least you weren't standing in the security line naked"

Originally Posted by pinniped
My recurring travel dream is taking a TATL flight that stays at an altitude of 100 feet the entire time.

Anything in particular to see or just ocean stretching out around you?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Truly a bad dream, but a good story. I can certainly empathize.

Thanks for sharing it!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Exterous
Anything in particular to see or just ocean stretching out around you?
Yes! Many other airplanes flying both directions, tall ships, icebergs, etc.

In this dream, all TATL traffic flows along one route a few hundred meters wide, sort of like a four-lane highway with the occasional iceberg in the middle of it. Sometimes I'm flying the plane using a Nintendo controller. Other times I'm just strapped to the fuselage, along for the ride.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by pinniped

Mine is similar to this; the plane is never able to climb to higher than the tops of midsized buildings so the entire flight is like a video game.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: CathayPacific, Lufthansa, AA, United
LOL.. I had similar one.. Was about to board a plane. Then I wondered, I haven't said good bye to friends and family, no luggage.. then had a jolt, wife woke me saying you are getting late to office
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
My dream is my husband is stuffing around and he'll make us late or I'm not sure which gate to go to.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:34 am

Mine is the usually of the variety, "Hey, I'm on an airplane. That's weird, I don't remember boarding, but I'm certainly flying somewhere. Where the heck am I going?"
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by moondog
Mine is similar to this; the plane is never able to climb to higher than the tops of midsized buildings so the entire flight is like a video game.
I wonder if there is some kind of connection with this, as I have them too. Mine are always about flying along roads between trees. Maybe because I live out int he country? For me one of my big worries in the dream has always been what would happen if a bus was coming the other way.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:07 am

I've also had the dream that's flying along roads in between trees.

Lots of contours...like flying through a ski resort but with no snow.

Weird thing is that in the overland dream, I'm always riding on top of a 727. Never another type or an ambiguous type. I haven't actually flown in a 727 in at least 15 years.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Exterous
So somehow I managed to not only be really late for a flight but to completely forget my luggage. With no time left to go back home and get it I make my way through security.

Of course the TSA immediately sensed that I was in a rush and I got 'randomly' selected for extra screening ensuring that I will have to race down the terminal if I had any hope of making my flight. (Although a traveler with no luggage might also have something to do with it)

None of this compares to the horror that happened next though. Despite what I was pretty sure wasn't even close to a full flight to SYD my upgrade didn't clear. I ran towards the gate hoping to plead my case but, with boarding already started, I was probably going to have to spend the next 15+ hours in Y

Fortunately it was at this point that my alarm clock woke me up. And yes this is my actual dream from last night
In 25 years of FF life, I have done some dumb things myself which make me question my supposed lack of senility. Just a sample:

I once woke up at 3 am, to get to the airport by 4am, to catch a 6 am flight. Bleary eyed i got up, showered, dressed, checked my packing, got in the car, drove 60 miles to the airport, parked, got in the shuttle, got off the shuttle, tipped the driver, and went to the kiosk and when I tried to check in, I realized I was too early. By a DAY.

On another early morning, I could not check in for my Air Tran flight for some reason. I went to the desk, and they looked and looked and seemed to have lost my reservation, as they could not find it. After 20 minutes I realized..this was the Frontier desk.

I once booked an outbound for the 25th of the month and intended to book the return for the 29th. For whatever reason, I clicked the wrong bar on the calendar and ended up booking the 29th return..for the following month. Didn't realize it until it was time to come home...lol.

Returing to LAX from CPH with a stop at LHR, I didn't remember the time difference between the UK and Denmark of 1 hour. I was in a total panic at missing my connection and ran through that airport thinking I had only 10 minutes..I had more than an hour.

Once I just became so relaxed and routine in my travel rituals that I stopped paying attention to how I packed..and I left for a 2 week stint without my phone charger, only 1 pair of socks, and without my entire toiletry kit...toothpaste, brush, shaving stuff, deodorant etc. I had to do some serious shopping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.