Luxury Honeymoon Planning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Luxury Honeymoon Planning

Hi Guys

OK i know this is a bit cheeky but;

I just got engaged and at the same time as part of my MBA i was given 5 days to develop a website and get traffic for it so i thought i would use my website to show others the research that we are doing for our honeymoon. I have put up a very bare bones travel blog/website https://planyourluxuryhoneymoon.wordpress.com and hope some of you very nice travel gurus would click in and have a look around. Please bare in mind its just launched and we will be putting in more detail as we do our honeymoon research. I will alert a mod to this post to make sure they are happy with it..

thanks in advance

Mark
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

careful about those rooms at londolozi, seems some photos are inaccurate

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 7, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
get SEO ideas from credit card blogs (MMS, FTG, TPG) & huffingtonpost

careful about those rooms at londolozi, seems some photos are inaccurate
in capetown there is also ellerman house/villas
FSLG 2BR overwater seems fairly unique privacy wise
alila soori has great comments here, also beachfront villas
alila purnama yacht (books cabins) is also unique offering

thanks a million. they are some great pointers and I actually met a SEO guy today but i have a major timing issue to get the site complete write a report and get it handed in by the weekend. I think to be honest the fun will start when the report is handed in and i start to use it to talk about our honeymoon planning as it develops. I will develop it more over the next 12 hours then get writing.

keep on clicking please guys....
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:14 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this fits better in the travel technology forum so I am sending it there.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...and it doesn't seem very tech-centric to me, so I'm going to move it to TravelBuzz.

I'm unsure what the goal is. If you need to drive traffic to the site in 5 days, SEO will be next to irrelevant as search engines need time to determine how relevant your site is to a given search. Most SEO firms I've seen say it can take 6-12 months for your site to percolate through their algorithms. In any case, honeymoon planning is hardly a tech thing.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:11 pm

If you want traffic offer a prize and send it to all the blogs, etc.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's nice and cute and all, but I don't get the point of the website. Is it so that others can give you tips for your honeymoon (i.e. plan it for you), or for other people to collect ideas? It's very unclear to me. Sorry.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Ok the initial idea was to put up a website in 5 days and get as much traffic to it as possible without using paid means. This is for a digital marketing course I'm doing as part of a corporate MBA. At the same time the research for the website will help us in our own honeymoon planning...

The concept of the website is to provide others with ideas for their own honeymoons as well as to provide interesting luxury travel related blogs; i.e BA/south african airways etc launching sale business class fares; new luxury hotel launches etc. The ideas and suggestions would grow as our travel research grows. The target audience isn't exactly people who frequent flyer talk as they will have this knowledge base already but for others who are doing their own research and might not be so travel savey

thanks for the clicks and feedback ^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Having sweated through the MBA as well I get the project aspect of it. ^

However, to give you some critical feedback, which you may not want, I find that the luxury travel website universe to be a very busy place indeed. Perhaps working in your favour is that a lot of it is complete cow poo in terms of quality and real advice (because for the most part the people writing about the Amanpuri have never actually been there and are regurgitating someone else's - possible also cribbed - work). And then there are the (atrociously-named) spinoffs seeking to provide 'affordable luxury' ideas. I don't have a solution for you, but I suppose I'm suggesting that you don't fall into the 'me-too' trap.

Best of luck.

Last edited by LondonElite; Jan 8, 2016 at 9:29 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
for the most part the people writing about the Amanpuri have never actually been there and are regurgitation someone else's - possible also cribbed - work
i know what you mean, but its 'less' true for amanresorts
(or at least it was.. new owner is doing tons of marketing)
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Having sweated through the MBA as well I get the project aspect of it. ^

However, to give you some critical feedback, which you may not want, I find that the luxury travel website universe to be a very busy place indeed. Perhaps working in your favour is that a lot of it is complete cow poo in terms of quality and real advice (because for the most part the people writing about the Amanpuri have never actually been there and are regurgitating someone else's - possible also cribbed - work). And then there are the (atrociously-named) spinoffs seeking to provide 'affordable luxury' ideas. I don't have a solution for you, but I suppose I'm suggesting that you don't fall into the 'me-too' trap.

Best of luck.
Thanks.. plenty of sweating but really enjoyable to far!!; and also there has been quite a lot repeat traffic to the site which is great (think im averaging 3 repeat visits per visitor in the last 3 days with views from something like 27 different countries which is mad..)!!! plus the research is reminding me about hotels I may not have visited in years but might be lovely for a return visit as part of a Honeymoon..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.