Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Traveling from US to UAE to Spain to Morocco, back to Spain-- any issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

I see that I don't need a visa to visit UAE, Spain or Morocco, but I'll be flying into MAD from DXB, and into BCN from RAK (Marrakech). The itinerary is LAX-DXB-MAD-RAK-BCN. I couldn't formulate one in which I see both cities in Spain before visiting Marrakech. I'll be staying for 4 days in each city. Any potential issues with this itinerary? Any documents I need?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Your nationality and country of residence are needed to answer your question regarding documents.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wouldn't expect any visa issues, but make sure that your passport has enough time before expiration; sometimes six months or more is required. This assumes that the purpose is tourism and you don't do an extended stay in any country. I'm also assuming USA citizen and resident.

Check health requirements carefully.

TIMATIC is your friend for questions like this.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Yes, American residence and nationality.
My passport expired 4/2017. Our trip is 3/2016.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Not sure what kind of issues you were expecting, but if you don't need a visa for your travels them there shouldn't be any. As advised, you should check here:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...sa-and-health/
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
No problem at all. I can't imagine why there would be one. All of those are visa free for US passport holders.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have any Israeli passport stamps in your passport, you should double check the current policy regarding allowing people into the UAE with evidence of a trip to Israel in their passport.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks. No Israeli stamps on my passport.
I didn't expect any problems, but wanted to make sure I didn't get held up when I got there. I was worried that there would be an issue getting into Spain from UAE or Morocco. Last year I went to Kenya and then South Africa, and I did need to get the yellow fever vaccine going into SA from Kenya even though I"m American. I want to be prepared for something like this.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was worried that there would be an issue getting into Spain from UAE or Morocco.
You mean because of the whole Moors issue, right? That's all cleared up now and nobody has any bad feelings anymore.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by LondonElite
You mean because of the whole Moors issue, right? That's all cleared up now and nobody has any bad feelings anymore.
Not sure if it's an issue with the Moors but if you are travelling through Casablanca in Morocco, make sure you and Victor Laszlo have your papers of transit squared away.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:25 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was worried that there would be an issue getting into Spain from UAE or Morocco.
There are countless flights and ferries between Spain and Morocco each day (and car trips, too, if you count Cueta and Melilla). I'd be shocked if Spanish immigration gave you any hassle. (I flew RT between MAD and RAK a month ago without any issues.)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.