Premium Economy - LH or TK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)

I have a choice between TK or LH flights from the UK to Tokyo, and then Seoul to the UK in premium economy.

Simple question. Which is better?

If I do choose LH, then should I go for routings with A340-600, A380-800, or B747-800?

PS: Sorry, didn't know where to post this as it's not specific to one airline.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, HAL**
premium economy

Originally Posted by roberino
I have a choice between TK or LH flights from the UK to Tokyo, and then Seoul to the UK in premium economy.
TK No question!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
Got to be TK, if the timings work for you.

Food and service definitely preferable. I've only done LH PE once and was distinctly underwhelmed it just felt like economy.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:36 am

While TK Premium Eco is "older", it's by far the better product.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Well that's fairly unanimous. I'm off to book a TK ticket. Thanks folks!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:03 am

What? TK? Noooooooooo, no no. LH premium eco seat and service is 1000x better than TK. Don't listen to the haters.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by SpewyMcSpew
What? TK? Noooooooooo, no no. LH premium eco seat and service is 1000x better than TK. Don't listen to the haters.
You should mark it when you're using irony, otherwise some people might actually believe you..
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:50 pm

Some people are actually complaining that they just want more leg room and a slightly wider seat, instead of the business class without a flat bed premium economy that you see on Qantas, Air France, BA, Lufthansa, and Air Canada, and that premium economy is simply not worth 2-3 times the regular economy price.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'd probably even take TK econ over LH prem econ...TK by a mile here.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ren0312
Some people are actually complaining that they just want more leg room and a slightly wider seat, instead of the business class without a flat bed premium economy that you see on Qantas, Air France, BA, Lufthansa, and Air Canada, and that premium economy is simply not worth 2-3 times the regular economy price.
Perhaps it is just you. Most airlines certainly don't see a viable market for what you describe preferring instead to operate the current premium economy products generating a better return.

How many of the carriers you mention have you travelled on in premium economy (or any for that matter)?

Regardless, what has your comment got to do with this thread?
Perhaps you can instead answer questions directed at you in your previous thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-airlines.html

Last edited by nux; Jul 8, 2015 at 10:40 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:31 am

Turkish has much better service.

Sadly, the days of LH being one of the best are long gone...they can't ride the 'german'ness anymore
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Update:

I booked TK. Tomorrow I am in Y MAN-IST, PE IST-NRT, PE ICN-IST and J IST-MAN (miles upgrade). My original PE ICN-IST leg was downgraded to Y because PE became unavailable the day I was due to fly (equipment change) but had my booking moved up one day free of charge.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
My original PE ICN-IST leg was downgraded to Y because PE became unavailable the
TK is removing PE from its planes.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
TK is removing PE from its planes.
Maybe, but this was a simple equipment change. It was available on 8/9 and 10/9 but not on my original travel date of 9/9.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:27 am

if its a popular route with full Y and Y+ and you have *G, you might get an upgrade to J as I did from HKG to MUC and return. Never even saw PE - LH I mean. I wouldn't fly turkish because of poor safety and IST is a terrible airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.