Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stages of baggage claim

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

stages of baggage claim

1)Anger-seriously? Does "priority" tagging mean nothing anymore? I might as well not have put in a priority tag.

2)Denial-my bag cannot not have arrived. I checked in early. And made my connection with plenty of time.

3)Bargaining-just let my bag come. I don't care that it is half an hour later than the first bag! Please just arrive!

4)Acceptance-I guess if it doesn't arrive I'll just go home. I didn't need anything in it tonight anyway.

Grief? Never experienced it. Well, once in my life had a bag that didn't show up.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Do you need a top-up on your G&T?
Old May 18, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thankfully, no.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Next time take the train.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:49 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by s0ssos
1)Anger-seriously? Does "priority" tagging mean nothing anymore? I might as well not have put in a priority tag.
The priority tags actually do mean nothing, IME. A marketing gimmick to make you feel special.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Steve_19
The priority tags actually do mean nothing, IME. A marketing gimmick to make you feel special.
Uh, what?
Old May 19, 2015, 5:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Originally Posted by Mikity
Uh, what?
With some notable exceptions (many Asian carriers anther home airports, true intl first class treatment with some European carriers), this is pretty much true. I fly all over Europe and NA on a regular basis and in 4 out of 5 flights luggage or priority tags make no noticeable difference to speed of recovery.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I fly all over Europe and NA on a regular basis and in 4 out of 5 flights luggage or priority tags make no noticeable difference to speed of recovery.
OK, but it does make a difference as to how fast your luggage gets put on the belt, right?
Old May 19, 2015, 6:06 am
Suspended

At the far end (i.e. destination)? Not really. The past three times I've checked luggage, I'd say mine came out mid-pack. Certainly not 'priority'.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
isn't the priority process automated anyway (if it's implemented), so the noticeable tag is superfluous.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by LondonElite
With some notable exceptions (many Asian carriers anther home airports, true intl first class treatment with some European carriers), this is pretty much true. I fly all over Europe and NA on a regular basis and in 4 out of 5 flights luggage or priority tags make no noticeable difference to speed of recovery.
i'd go against that and IME it is effective about at least 3/4 of the time. both in EU and beyond with all manners of carriers. a few priority pieces (like mine!!) might get lost in the greater mix, but generally the first bags coming out are always tagged

when observing the loading bay i see the handlers reserve the tagged bags to go last in the cargo (LIFO)
Old May 19, 2015, 7:58 am
Suspended

Depending on the configuration and direction of the choo-choo train process between aircraft and luggage processing facility, LIFO does not necessarily apply. It could be FIFO or indeed whatever we can reach first comes on first.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: *G
in general, priority baggage's worked sufficiently for me, even with transfers! *knocks on wood*
Old May 19, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by Mikity
OK, but it does make a difference as to how fast your luggage gets put on the belt, right?
No, not in my experience. Many a time I've seen my priority tagged bag come out in the last batch to be put on the belt. I try very hard not to check anything anymore.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by timfountain
I try very hard not to check anything anymore.
That, of course, is the best way to avoid luggage mishaps, I agree. But sadly, not always possible...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.