Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Shortest (by Distance) Commercial Flight from Your Local Airport(s)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shortest (by Distance) Commercial Flight from Your Local Airport(s)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold
PHX to TUS - 116 miles

I've flown BLI to SEA which is maybe 90 miles (and Horizon actually had a drink service on the 30 min flight)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
From DFW, looks like DFW-ACT on MQ, 90 miles.

From DAL, shortest I see would be DAL-OKC on WN, 181 miles.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
5J Was flying A319's CRK-MNL (56 Miles) nightly for a few months last year. Most likely just trying to carry a few passengers while positioning aircraft and apparently not to successful because the route didn't seem to last long.

Last edited by Mabuk dan gila; Mar 1, 2015 at 6:50 pm
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Back when United Express flew it, I did VIS-FAT a couple of times. Still my record for wheels-up to wheels-down time: 13 minutes. 36 miles

Have also done COS-DEN a number of times: 73 miles.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
From MCI, SLN (Salina, KS) which is 162 miles away on SeaPort Airlines. Of the major airlines, closest is STL which is 237 miles.

Chris
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: AA, UA
When DL flew it, AUS-SAT was 66 miles and took 15 minutes. Today, the shortest flight out of AUS is AUS-IAH (140 miles) on UA.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
From MCI, SLN (Salina, KS) which is 162 miles away on SeaPort Airlines. Of the major airlines, closest is STL which is 237 miles.

Chris
You've thrown me for a loop. Many years ago I used to fly MCI to Manhattan, Kansas (MHK), Wichita, Tulsa, and other places in the greater/lesser plains. What's happened to the regional service out of MCI? Hard to believe STL is the closest non-stop flight now on a major.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
You've thrown me for a loop. Many years ago I used to fly MCI to Manhattan, Kansas (MHK), Wichita, Tulsa, and other places in the greater/lesser plains. What's happened to the regional service out of MCI? Hard to believe STL is the closest non-stop flight now on a major.
No more Great Lakes at all, as they decided to focus on DEN as their hub. The only "odd" destinations that we have out of KC are Salina, KS; Great Bend, KS; and Harrison, AR. No more Manhattan; Dodge City; Garden City; Hays; Ft. Leonard Wood, MO, etc.

Chris
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Quote:

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei

No more Great Lakes at all, as they decided to focus on DEN as their hub. The only "odd" destinations that we have out of KC are Salina, KS; Great Bend, KS; and Harrison, AR. No more Manhattan; Dodge City; Garden City; Hays; Ft. Leonard Wood, MO, etc.

Chris
Lot of change at MCI, I guess. At one point there was even MCI-IND on Pan Am. I have fond memories of TWA MCI-ORD-LHR
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
shortest commercial flight albeit not from my airport.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
SJO-XQP (Quepos): 38 miles

Driving is 4-5 hours!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:08 am

I flew a Ryanair 737-800 full from Derry to Prestwick. Literally we took off and then 10 minutes later we were descending.. Flight was 15 minutes.

100 miles. It always makes me laugh when I see the small regional jet planes in America being flown 1500 miles.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:15 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Local airports are LTN and CBG - lucky me.

CBG currently only has one flight - to GOT (611mi), but will soon pick up a summer season flight to JER (232mi).

LTN is much busier - the shortest flight seems to be AMS (221mi).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
LAX-SNA used to exist on UA. I think I was credited with 38 miles. Yay for 500 minimums.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:19 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
HEL-TLL, i.e. Helsinki-Tallinn. Several flights a day, 63 miles, 101 km. Helsinki airport is some 20 km from center, and you can also take a fast boat from center to center, 90 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.