Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrills: The definitive guide to drinking in airports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
If I feel like having a drink I will have one. I don't need someone else's idea of a "definitive guide" to tell me how. I don't care what time it is and being first or only one to hoist a glass doesn't deter me in the slightest. Cheers! No matter what time it is.

Last edited by Badenoch; Feb 24, 2015 at 6:35 am
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Haha, I am not the only one with "no time is too early, as long as I'm not the first."
What's wrong with being the first?

Someone has to be, might as well be me.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:30 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I certainly like to have a few drinks before flying for leisure. Especially on a long haul it definitely helps me sleep. I was pleasantly surprised to see how much beer was flowing out of those neat beer machines at 9:30AM at the Sakara Lounge at NRT yesterday.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Shamrock55
BUT...as a rule, every time I pass through Dublin airport I have a few Guinness. Its always really perfectly poured and will probably be the last time for a while that I have a proper, Irish, cold Guinness.
+1. That pub inside DUB definitely pours the Guinness properly. Just watch 'em on your credit card: they like to push DCC, especially on the half-awake guy ordering a Guinness with breakfast. @:-)

I agree with the time vortex bit: I have no issues having whatever beverage I feel like at any time of day, whether my own time zone's morning or morning local time in the airport.

And I usually take the $2 sidecar, if offered. But only if they're pouring something better than rail/well liquor.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Haha, I am not the only one with "no time is too early, as long as I'm not the first."
Someone has to be first, why would others behaviour effect yours.

Stand up be proud, Drink UP
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by Badenoch
If I feel like having a drink I will have one. I don't need someone else's idea of a "definitive guide" to tell me how. I don't care what time it is and being first or only one to hoist a glass doesn't deter me in the slightest. Cheers! No matter what time it is.
+1
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Badenoch
If I feel like having a drink I will have one. I don't need someone else's idea of a "definitive guide" to tell me how.
It's just a little amusing piece of writing...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'll be happy to take one for the team and be the first to start drinking
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I have been overzealous once before a TATL trip. Scotch was my weapon of choice. I didn't have too much (I wasn't drunk, just had a good buzz going), but as a result I got dehydrated and about an hour before landing in CDG I got a bad headache (I suppose that counts as a hangover). I learned that before a long flight (or even during the long flight), it's best to limit the libations.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florin
I have been overzealous once before a TATL trip. Scotch was my weapon of choice. I didn't have too much (I wasn't drunk, just had a good buzz going), but as a result I got dehydrated and about an hour before landing in CDG I got a bad headache (I suppose that counts as a hangover). I learned that before a long flight (or even during the long flight), it's best to limit the libations.
I learned a long time ago to two-fist it on the plane: one adult beverage of your choice, one glass of water. (Even if I'm not boozing, I drink lots of water.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.