Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Can you suggest a 2 week February trip for me and my wife?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thinking of somewhere a bit warmer...we live in Mid-Atlantic US...

We like cities and places with history, art, restaurants...as opposed to resorts.

Have enjoyed EZE, Sicily, Bolivia, Thailand, just to name a few.

I was thinking of Italy but the weather kinda sucks in February.

Another possibility is Columbia, which we have not been to. I suppose anything in the Southern hemisphere or equatorial would be good.

Any suggestions appreciated. Must have decent Internet.

I am very intrigued by Japan and Taiwan but the weather ain't great then...but I've had some of the best times in Paris off season despite the weather so...

Thank you!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM

brazil, Chile, Peru, to name a few. you can't go wrong if what you're looking for is a warm weather In February. ...
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
The weather isn't bad at all in Taiwan during the winter. It's not tropical hot but in the southern part of the country it stays around 75-85F. You can use one of those super cheap 500-600USD RT tickets currently available from the US to HK to get there (have a look at the MR section of the forum).
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:34 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
A couple of years ago we spent the last week or so of February in Gibraltar and southern Andalusia - Tarifa, Cadiz, white villages, etc. - and the weather was marvelous - 60s to 70s F, blue skies, empty roads, oranges in the trees. You could also pop across to Morocco, maybe visit the "blue city" of Chefchaouen.

We were there just before Carnival (which is the 14th through 22nd of February 2015) and got to see the bruja in Medina Sidonia before she got flamed on the big night.

Roman ruins, beaches with kite surfers, fabulous hilltop villages, Barbary apes if you want to visit Gibraltar, pretty cheap. And Seville is only an hour or so away up the road.

Lots more pictures - http://gardyloo.us/February%202012.htm

Last edited by Gardyloo; Dec 17, 2014 at 8:40 am
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT

Consider Lima, Peru.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:59 am

San Miguel De Allende for a few days then onward to Tokyo for 10 days.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: 1K, XP, Marriott Gold, Avis

Huatulco Mexico
Natal Brasil
Arequipa Peru
Valparaiso Chile
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Japan is indeed a fascinating, impressive culture that my wife and I tremendously enjoyed in our own trip there (albeit in October) a few years ago. And while it will be on the cold side (though warmer than Paris), February is a relatively dry month there. I'd highly recommend it.

I'll beg to differ with the Peru recommendations as we weren't wowed by Lima and probably the most interesting part of that diverse, wonderful country to visit is the Sacred Valley (including but by no means limited to Machu Picchu) is in the midst of its rainy season in February.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Consider Israel with a side trip to Petra in Jordan (week 1) and either Turkey or Greece for the second week.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The first thought that came to mind when I read the OP was Spain-Gibraltar-Morocco. Fantastic time of year to go.

I wouldn't rule out Italy because of weather...if that's an interest of yours, I'd be all means consider it.

Although I might not be the right person to ask. We live in the Midwest where winter sucks, so we have no problem at all visiting Paris, the UK, or Ireland in the absolute dead of winter. Almost anything in Europe is an upgrade from Kansas weather. For museums, arts, fine dining, etc., Jan/Feb is a great time to hit any of the big cities. (Smaller cities, resort towns, and rural areas have more things that close seasonally...)
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Southeast Asia. Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos,
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:49 pm
Original Member

I'd go to Peru. Great weather in Feb.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:09 pm

I love Japan any time of the year....full of history,culture,politeness/helpfulness....amazing temples,countryside,easy cheap extensive transportation ,wonderful food...Japanese yen at approx 120 to the USD!!

Taiwan would be great in February...much warmer than Japan and it'll be during the Chinese New Year...so very festive.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Japan is indeed a fascinating, impressive culture that my wife and I tremendously enjoyed in our own trip there (albeit in October) a few years ago. And while it will be on the cold side (though warmer than Paris), February is a relatively dry month there. I'd highly recommend it.

I'll beg to differ with the Peru recommendations as we weren't wowed by Lima and probably the most interesting part of that diverse, wonderful country to visit is the Sacred Valley (including but by no means limited to Machu Picchu) is in the midst of its rainy season in February.
Having been to Japan in July and almost melting, I'd vote for Kyoto in February and wearing a jacket.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wow. Thanks. Great suggestions. Also thinking Cuba

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.