Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Immediately following our 22 Dec wedding - we went on a Christmas house party at a country house hotel just outside Aberystwyth in Wales for 4 days.

However we regard our true honeymoon as the week long cookery course I won through the (now defunct) Harrods Gourmet Club! It was in Santa Fe and the journey there from London was an adventure in itself.... Club class flights from London to Houston, followed by an internal flight to Albuquerque, then a short hop on Mesa Airlines up to Santa Fe. We stayed in the Eldorado hotel, and did a lot of sightseeing as well as learning the art of Southwestern cookery......

A fantastic week away, and an experience to talk about as it was very different from a traditional honeymoon.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 am
Suspended

I have decide to go paris for my honeymoon.This place is very romantic and attractive for the traveller.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:36 am
Suspended

Me and my husband also went to Hawaii on our honeymoney - fantastic and romantic trip
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
1st marriage - none. Students with 2 kids with neither time nor money. Still had a great time.

2nd marriage: Proposed at Conrad Koh Samui during a long-planned Thailand trip. Honeymoon - Australia next year. Not really a honeymoon trip as this is also planned for a long time.

Regards,
Stepfel
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I'm an Aussie. I got married in Las Vegas and honeymooned throughout USA and Canada.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
We did both visiting both relaxing.
First week in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, second week at Maldives
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, BAEC
We had 3 weeks in America, split between 2 and a half weeks in San Francisco and finishing in Vegas.

We were 22 + 23.

Originally Posted by ajGoes
Yorkshire (a lovely B&B near Grassington), England,.
We visit Grassington very regularly and I couldn't think of a more beautiful part of the world to honeymoon in!

I might be biased though as it is only an hour away from me in the N.E England.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
A combo of Paris and Munich. Good food & wine, museums and entertainment in Paris, art and wildlife in Munich and surroundings
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:23 am

We were saving for a house so we kept it small and semi local - San Francisco and Carmel.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Australia (including - and seventeen years I still can't believe l agreed to it - a minibus camping trip)
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA ExP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Madrid, Sevilla (with a day trip to Ronda), Granada, and back to Madrid in March 2013. Need to go back soon!!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA
San Diego. I was 23 and she was 22, and we still had one semester left in our undergrad studies. I picked it purely because the flight was cheap (this was well before I knew about Flyertalk - I'm sure if I was more savvy I would have found something better). No rental car and our hotel was like $45 a night, and every day was wonderful......
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Disneyworld. Actually enjoyed it very much, to my surprise.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Wasn't too long out of college at the time. Went to Disney World and then to Cocoa Beach.

I used my Southwest Rapid Rewards for the flights, which at the time were still accrued with stamps on a paper card, which I believe I had to either mail in or take to a WN ticket counter (this was circa 1996) to redeem. I had racked up all the RR credits flying back and forth to see my future wife during college.

We stayed at Holiday Inns...don't know if they had a loyalty program then but if they did, I was too clueless to have joined it! At least I had enough sense to join Rapid Rewards
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
On my honeymoon 34 years ago I went to The Lake District and stood on Poltross Burn Milecastle on Hadrian's Wall also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.