Wiki Posts
Search

Finding flights by cost, not destination

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Finding flights by cost, not destination

So here's an odd question

Is there a tool anywhere that will allow me to search for flights without entering a destination? I want to travel, but don't have a particular destination in mind (well, I have one or two, but I don't know what else is out there that I haven't thought of). There is a limitation on the cost of the flight, though, so I can't just fly to Alaska or somewhere (I'm in CPT).

I tried using ITA Matrix, but you have to insert a destination. Short of finding a list of all airport codes in use in the world and pasting it in there, that's not a solution
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:45 am

Have you looked at the sky scanner app?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Skyscanner.com allows you to enter "Everywhere" as a destination.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ceejay_za
So here's an odd question

Is there a tool anywhere that will allow me to search for flights without entering a destination? I want to travel, but don't have a particular destination in mind (well, I have one or two, but I don't know what else is out there that I haven't thought of). There is a limitation on the cost of the flight, though, so I can't just fly to Alaska or somewhere (I'm in CPT).

I tried using ITA Matrix, but you have to insert a destination. Short of finding a list of all airport codes in use in the world and pasting it in there, that's not a solution
Google Flights has a brilliant approach to your query. They've recently made this considerably less obvious by scattering a bunch of destination images around the map in its initial view, but once you enter an origin and a date, the map shows a price under each potential destination. Click the dark grey "expand map" link to get a map that fills the browser window.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Cool, I'll try skyscanner and google flights, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.