Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Passport Premiere: legitimate? Issues? (Merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Anyone ever hear of Passport Premiere? Is it legit?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: 1K, XP, Marriott Gold, Avis
Passport Premiere

What type of service is if?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Already under discussion here
And the general advice seems to be: avoid!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Passport Premiere

Looks like a really shady group. Google is your friend and I would not risk a dime with these scam artist. To many red flags. positive reviews are first time/one time posters. Los of credible negative posts. Nothing that would give me confidence to waste 300 to 400 bucks. several lawsuits etc. Again check the threads and Google.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: Starwood, SQ PPS, BA EXEC
Passport Premiere

I've used it for many years, and before they added the Monitor service. It works well but best results are for international, they don't handle domestic , Mexico, Canada, etc....

I actually was directed to them from Flyertalk if I recall correctly. I did a search and the l think this is the thread that directed me to Premiere

Club Caters To Travelers Who Want Style, Not Sticker Shock

From what I understand, there is a heavy influence of former AA folks in charge now that enables excellent "access"with One World.

Not to ruffle any feathers as I am not a "power user " of FT. Only use as travel requires. You are mentioning low post counts, but you have had your account for 15 years and have only managed 200+ posts since '98? I am not much better which I admit, but I am not bashing anyone or anything either....
Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
I've used Fastport Passport.
I used it last December.
It took 2 days.
https://fastportpassport.com/
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:23 pm

SPAM to my AA-only email address (Passport Premiere)

I just received the following solicitation to an email address that I use ONLY for AA (and now US Airways as well):

If you’re using miles for
Business Class travel to Europe,
YOU’RE OVERPAYING!
Santiago, Chile with American Airlines
$1,568 R.T. business class & full mileage credit
Premiere members already received
their Intelligence report & are cashing in!
Since the message is specifically targeted to AA customers, it feels like this must be related to the FFP merger and / or a data breach somewhere. What do you think? Anyone else get this?

<redacted>

Last edited by Microwave; Mar 28, 2015 at 3:34 pm Reason: Thread title updated per RBP
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by _kurt
I just received the following solicitation to an email address that I use ONLY for AA (and now US Airways as well):[/FONT]
You have an email address specifically for AA communications?? How many email addresses do you have, and how could that possibly be worth whatever purpose it serves?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ismann
You have an email address specifically for AA communications?? How many email addresses do you have, and how could that possibly be worth whatever purpose it serves?
They all funnel back to one master account. For example, [email protected] (that's not my real domain of course). No extra cost or time involved, but it lets me know who has sold / lost my personal information.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by _kurt
They all funnel back to one master account. For example, [email protected] (that's not my real domain of course). No extra cost or time involved, but it lets me know who has sold / lost my personal information.
Oh, this has been a very worthwhile process and I do it too. Any messages to a non-existing username gets redirected to a generic account. Each vendor is assigned it's own username. This allows me to monitor who's selling addresses or being hacked or various other possibilities. It has also caused issues in that some processes invalidate addresses (i.e. Marriott and Yahoo invalidate addresses that have their name in them even though it's the username part that they do not own. Email spam is out of hand these days.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Like others, I give every company a unique email address, and I must have given out several hundred by now. I have had my own domain for many years, which makes this trivially easy to do.

It's always depressing to receive SPAM sent to a custom email address that I've given out to a company, because this strongly suggests to me that the company has either been hacked or (even worse) that the company is complicit in the SPAM by having given/sold my address to the spammers. I'm no longer surprised, however, because it happens all the time.

As a data point, I have consolidated my AA and US email addresses, but I have not (yet) received the SPAM reported by the OP. I appreciate the heads up, however, and I'll be on the lookout for it.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
My email address is relatively new. It was only after I registered this address with AA and booked a Business Class itinerary on it did I start getting the same exact spam.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:10 pm

For what it's worth, spammers also spam generated email addresses. I realize it seems like this case is more than that.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
I've been getting spam from them ever since I joined the AA programme.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I've received a few of these Passport Premiere emails

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.