Community
Wiki Posts
Search

passports expirintg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

passports expirintg

I know someone can set me straight on this. I am planning a trip in May, but my U.S. expires in July. Seems a few months ago I read, maybe on this site, that a person should not travel if passport expires in less than months from date of travel. Some please advise if this is correct.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
It depends on where you are going. Some countries require some minimum time remaining on the passport, six months is common. Other countries don't care.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You have plenty of time to renew before, I would do that.

It all depends on where you are going as to what their requirements are. Some require six months past your planned departure date, some three months, some are fine if it's the same day you are leaving.

Many countries requirements are listed on the state department's page here

http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html

put in the countries you are going to, but since you have the time it just makes sense to renew and not worry about it at all.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

My thanks to Djk7 and Cordelili for the useful information you have provided. I am visiting Thailand which requires 6 month validity on passports. I will apply for a new passport tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.