Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interlining on separate bookings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Hi All, I'm new here just had a quick question. Due to price constraints I recently booked a flight from IAD -->DXB-->Cgk arriving at 21:35 in jakarta on the Emirates website. On a separate ticket I booked a flight from Philippine Airlines for 00:50 (essentially 3.5 hours after landing on CGK) for CGK-->MNL.

I was wondering if I could check my bags in from emirates all the way to MNL? Or would I need to pick them up in CGK and bring recheck them to MNL? If so, do I have enough time to do that?

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: DL: FO/Silver, Marriott Gold

Pick bags up. You'll be fine If no delays.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If Emirates and Philippine Airlines have an interline agreement, you can show your second itinerary to Emirates at check-in and have them check the bags through. However, I agree with the above poster that if you have as much time as indicated, it would be better to just pick up your bags and re-check them yourself with Philippine.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta, United, Southwest
If these airline have bag charges, picking the bags up and rechecking could incur extra charges. I had this problem switching from Agean to Alitalia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.