Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Does any US airline offer an open ticket (akin to a European InterRail ticket)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does any US airline offer an open ticket (akin to a European InterRail ticket)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Question Does any US airline offer an open ticket (akin to a European InterRail ticket)?

Hello everyone.

I seem to recall finding a page on one of the US airlines websites a few years back that offered a ticket that would give you unlimited flights between US cities for a certain period of time (say 1 month.)

Did I imagine that, or does such a ticket exist now?

Many thanks,

Chris
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i don't think there are any.....

they were called visit usa or similar.....been gone for 3 or more years....

there was a thread on this a year or so ago.....same answer.....
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by clacko
i don't think there are any.....

they were called visit usa or similar.....been gone for 3 or more years....

there was a thread on this a year or so ago.....same answer.....
Thanks clacko. Just looking for a way of maximising exposure to as much of the US as possible without having to part with a kidney to pay for it.

Chris
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by evapor8
Hello everyone.

I seem to recall finding a page on one of the US airlines websites a few years back that offered a ticket that would give you unlimited flights between US cities for a certain period of time (say 1 month.)

Did I imagine that, or does such a ticket exist now?

Many thanks,

Chris
Sun country airlines had that deal in oct 2010. I think it was 499
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
I believe that each year JetBlue offers their "BluePass"/All you can Jet but it is typically only offered a limited number of passes for a limited time each year.

This year they even limited the options even more -departures from 2 airports (Boston and Long Beach) and the return to that same airport.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Sun country airlines had that deal in oct 2010. I think it was 499
Originally Posted by nissan720
I believe that each year JetBlue offers their "BluePass"/All you can Jet but it is typically only offered a limited number of passes for a limited time each year.

This year they even limited the options even more -departures from 2 airports (Boston and Long Beach) and the return to that same airport.
Thanks MSPDeltaDude and nissan720.

I'll keep an eye on their websites to see if they offer anything similar for 2012.

Chris
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you wanted to expand your exploration, Air Canada do flight passes that cover much of Canada and the US, although I believe they are for a longer time frame than 1 month - I think they are in 3 month increments.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
If you wanted to expand your exploration, Air Canada do flight passes that cover much of Canada and the US, although I believe they are for a longer time frame than 1 month - I think they are in 3 month increments.
Thanks emma69. Will take a look.

Chris
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:03 pm

Air passes are still around but not widely marketed (except thorugh non-US travel agents I would think). Don't think there were ever unlimited passes (but I could be wrong).

Start here - http://www.airtimetable.com/airpass_north_America.htm

Last edited by erik123; Dec 31, 2011 at 2:12 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Air passes are still around but not widely marketed (except thorugh non-US travel agents I would think). Don't think there were ever unlimited passes (but I could be wrong).

Start here - http://www.airtimetable.com/airpass_north_America.htm
Thanks erik123, I'll take a look.

Chris
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: Credit Cards
You can buy a Jet Blue All You Can Fly pass, but it has many restrictions once it is offered
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
See this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...x-bos-lgb.html

from the last offer from JetBlue. It seems every time they offer it they add more and more restrictions, but quite a few friends have used it to hit a bunch of baseball games and loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.