Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Names on Hotel Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Question Multiple Names on Hotel Reservations

Sometimes my wife and I are staying at a hotel, and I am not sure who will make it there first. Or I want the wife be able to check-in if my flight is delayed or cancelled.

What are your experiences with accomplishing something like that?

Some booking websites have fields for additional guests, and some not.

I was thinking about putting both names into the single reservation name field when prepaying for a hotel next time. Do you think that should work?

Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by TObject
I was thinking about putting both names into the single reservation name field when prepaying for a hotel next time. Do you think that should work?
Alternatively insert a note in the "special request" box. Contacting the hotel via email will help too.
TObject likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I always include all names somewhere on the reservation, even if I have to email/call to ensure that we're all on the same page.
TObject likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:01 pm

Have encountered no problems

I guess it depends on hotel or chain, but in instances where
my daughter has used points to reserve a room for me, the reservation
is made in her name, paid for by her points, 2 adults in room, and in 'special requests or notes' section, she mentions that 2nd guest in room is me, with my name. No problems whatsover in checking in first or even only me, in Marriott or IHG hotels. The copy of reservation confirmation contains my name somewhere on the document.
TObject likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:33 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I've been able to change the name in the first name box from Jane Doe to Jane & Joe Doe.
The actual reservation is now in both names.

I use the special requests box frequently for other things, such as requesting a late check in.
TObject likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've put notes in the special request box to let other unrelated people who would be arriving earlier check in. I've done it a few times with no problems.
TObject likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:20 pm

Phone?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emrdoc
Phone?
Phone the hotel?

So, you call the hotel and say: “You have reservation for Jim Smith. If Quvenzhane Johnesson shows up before I do, would you let her check in please?”

And what are your experiences with that? They just say, no problem, and it all works out?

My wife’s last name is different from mine; if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by TObject
Phone the hotel?

So, you call the hotel and say: “You have reservation for Jim Smith. If Quvenzhane Johnesson shows up before I do, would you let her check in please?”

And what are your experiences with that? They just say, no problem, and it all works out?

My wife’s last name is different from mine; if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Correct. Just call them up and tell them your wife will be arriving before you and request that her name be placed on the reservation. Easy peasy. Never had an issue.
TObject likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.