Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is there really a law banning airlines from bumping soldier flying on military order?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there really a law banning airlines from bumping soldier flying on military order?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: Veteran
I was in the military and I was bumped in St. Louis in 2007

I was bumped in 2007 on a flight from Philadelphia to St. Louis. I was called up and told I was being bumped. However, a fellow passenger gave up their seat. I was in uniform flying on a government sponsored flight, under orders and was panicking because I was sent home on emergency orders for a death in the family. My unit was leaving Ft. Dix for overseas in less than a week. However, the good samaritan spared me from the grief. If in the event, I was bumped I would have called my unit right away as well as the travel support number and reported the incident. It is much better to inform your command you are going to be late than just report late. A lot of times, your command can make things happen. So, I would assume from my experience that in 2007 no law existed since they told me in uniform that I was going to be bumped involuntarily.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, kpotter9
No reason to bump a thread which is several years old. Thank you for your Service.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.