favorite dumb pax comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
I fly out of PHX every week, there are like 5 lanes leading into TSA all clearly marked. Employees, Pre-Check, Preferred/First, People who need assistance, Regular line. Every week while i'm waiting in the Preferred line there there are at least 2-3 groups of people that wander into whichever lane they feel like and either realize their mistake once they've started down the lane or get told by TSA that they made a mistake. I have witnessed the same thing every week since Feb.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by joeyrukkus
I fly out of PHX every week, there are like 5 lanes leading into TSA all clearly marked. Employees, Pre-Check, Preferred/First, People who need assistance, Regular line. Every week while i'm waiting in the Preferred line there there are at least 2-3 groups of people that wander into whichever lane they feel like and either realize their mistake once they've started down the lane or get told by TSA that they made a mistake. I have witnessed the same thing every week since Feb.
Delta needs to put something similar to the skypriority banner on the BP stating if the person is eligible to use the precheck lane. I was at ATL Sunday and overheard some girls stating that line looked short and they just jumped in. Fortunately I got the three beeps both times (not sure why they scan your BP a second time at ATL) and the line was short but if I wouldn't have gotten the three beeps the single beep line looked pretty long (I am sure the girls didn't realize how long that line is). Of if they wont/can't do that on a BP, in airports like Atlanta I wish they would have a different lane for SP passengers to jump into other than the line with the kettles who also got the single beep.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Delta needs to put something similar to the skypriority banner on the BP stating if the person is eligible to use the precheck lane.
This won't happen, as it is contrary to the TSA's goal of ensuring passengers don't know whether they will be able to use the PreCheck lane until the scanner.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Delta needs to put something similar to the skypriority banner on the BP stating if the person is eligible to use the precheck lane.
This won't happen, as it is contrary to the TSA's goal of ensuring passengers don't know whether they will be able to use the PreCheck lane until they reach the scanner.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by emma69
Not following the 'inner OCD' bit.

For old WASPy me, it is perfectly logical that Monday is the first day of the week, as 'on the seventh day he rested', and Sunday is the day of rest.

(I appreciate other religions disagree!)
On a Sunday-first calendar we have one red column then 5 black columns then another red column - symmetrical look. On a Monday-first calendar we have 5 black columns then 2 red columns- odd and asymmetrical.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
On a Sunday-first calendar we have one red column then 5 black columns then another red column - symmetrical look. On a Monday-first calendar we have 5 black columns then 2 red columns- odd and asymmetrical.
May I suggest a calendar that doesn't have different coloured days

Mine just has white days (and a very pretty picture of the Maldives this month!)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
On my last YEG-YVR in Y, the lady sitting beside me turned and ask me " Why are the seats so uncomfortable"?

I told her I had no clue... She was the worst seatmate ever though she brought a blanket along and tried to sleep and tossed and turned and complained the whole flight. She didn't end up sleeping ... haha
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
Originally Posted by 14940674
This won't happen, as it is contrary to the TSA's goal of ensuring passengers don't know whether they will be able to use the PreCheck lane until they reach the scanner.
It wouldn't have to indicate if it's going to clear LLL, just that the person is enrolled in Pre at all and eligible to enter that line.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's a winner from a customer at my rental car company:

Hello, I'd like to rent a car but I don't have any money, what can you do for me?
I admired her brevity, that's for sure.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
On UA landing at Tegel from EWR in BF a woman asked the FA "May I use the washroom?"....we were on final approach and you could pretty much read the license plate number of the cars from the current altitude.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by emma69
Not following the 'inner OCD' bit.

For old WASPy me, it is perfectly logical that Monday is the first day of the week, as 'on the seventh day he rested', and Sunday is the day of rest.

(I appreciate other religions disagree!)
The week starting with Monday is also consistent with the literal definition of "weekend"

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
On UA landing at Tegel from EWR in BF a woman asked the FA "May I use the washroom?"....we were on final approach and you could pretty much read the license plate number of the cars from the current altitude.
I have relatives with Crohn's disease and they can't always control when they'll need to use the bathroom. Admittedly during landing is a bad time, but my family have asked FAs if they could use the bathroom during boarding or while we're taxiing to the gate after we landed.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Not unusual, I don't think. I ended up joining the Navy (for 30 years) because the Air Force recruiter was gone to lunch when I got there.
My friend declined to join the army many years ago after her visit to an army recruitment day. She was about 18 and desperate to join so she could drive 'big things'! The recruiter asked what area of the army interested her and she thought she'd reply with a joke. She said.."I'd like to be in the infantry so that I can look after all the babies". He didn't appreciate the humour and thus she did not sign up!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by tonyrocks922
In Australia is it common for calendars to start weeks on a Monday, like in the UK? If so such a calendar wouldn't be easy to use in the US.
??????

We have plenty of variations... and us Aussies can manage a calendar that starts on a Sunday or a Monday!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:07 am

Personally I've never seen weeks as having a start and an end but more of a rolling continuum
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:29 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Flubber2012
You're literally correct in the same way that all passengers going to ORD are going to Chicago.

However, maybe the laugh is on you if she was wondering if, while Rochester is not a hub by any means, maybe one or more passengers were just connecting there.
Makes me think of people who ask "who flies non-stop to Chicago" the correct answer actually is "every flight into Chicago is non-stop" they assume we know which airport they are flying out of, which would have an entirely different answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.