Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
"I HAVE TO TELL THE PILOT THAT THE ENGINES ARE EXPLODING!"
I think I might have done the same thing. That must have been a terrifying experience.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by _kurt
On a recent flight, an unlucky gentleman had a medical emergency. The usual routine followed: Announcement over the PA, physician identifies himself to the crew, etc.

My party had a tight connection and we immediately began discussion over how likely we were to divert, the possible ramifications, and so on. A few minutes later, the aircraft banked steeply and began to descend. Quote my father: "Are we going down?" I advised him that he might have made a better choice of words, but the sentiment was completely lost on him.

We diverted to BEG. At this point my day was pretty much ruined, but I found great humor in the conversation of the passenger behind me, on her mobile: "Belgrade. No, BELGRADE. Yes, as in Yugoslavia!"
I didn't know DeLorean made airplanes!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:25 pm
Suspended

"Oh my. I hope not. If those wings came off, I can't imagine where we'd land in such a storm!"

That reminds me of an old joke:

Two rednecks are flying in a 747 on a TATL. One of the engines fails, and the pilot announces: "Sorry folks, we just lost an engine and there is no danger, but we will get to our destination about 30 minutes late.

A few minutes goes by. Another engine fails. The pilot announces: "Well folks, we lost another one, but not to worry. It only means that now we will be about 1 hour late"

Another few minutes passes, and a third engine fails. The pilot announces: "Ok folks, we lost another one. This will set us back about 1.5 hours".

One redneck turns to the other and says "Boy, if another engine goes out, we are going to be up here a LONG TIME!"
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by t325
Do people actually speak in airport codes? Sure, on FT, we may type airport codes because it's easier, but in spoken conversation, do you guys actually use airport codes (besides JFK, using that one in conversation makes sense)?
When I lived in Portland, Oregon, I sometimes saw PDX used as the abbreviation for the entire city.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ksandness
When I lived in Portland, Oregon, I sometimes saw PDX used as the abbreviation for the entire city.

Sometimes in emails at the office we will use airport codes instead of typing out the city names as well. It is a lot easier to state I am in SAN on friday than typing out San Diego. All my friends that travel a lot use airport codes isntead of typing out the city name. It's easier.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:39 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Heard a good one today.

While boarding a United/Skywest turboprop:

"Wow, this plane is small."
"Yes, it's called a turboprop. It's not a jet."
"What does that mean?"
"Jet planes run on fuel. Turboprops run on the air blown from the fan (points to fans)."
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
This morning there was a bit of a seat issue. Two people one seat. Guy was confident that he was in the right seat. "it says c9, and that's where I am going to sit"
The lady who was supposed to sit there says calmly "honey, that is the gate."
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by WIRunner
This morning there was a bit of a seat issue. Two people one seat. Guy was confident that he was in the right seat. "it says c9, and that's where I am going to sit"
Give the lady a prize!

Cheers
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Classic!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
This trip is full of winning statements.

Pax to FA "What's your name?"
FA "Jeanie"
*pax stares intently at name badge*
Pax *spelling out what he sees* "G-O-J-E-T that's a strange spelling."
FA "That's the name of the airline, GoJet, that you're flying on."

He claimed the whole time he spent much time flying across the country, 2-3 times per week. I have my doubts.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by IAHRyan
That one gets to me. I see people use DUB when they really mean DXB all the time.
And AUK instead of AKL.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

One of the hardest times I ever had keeping a straight face was when the tourist in Puerto Vallarta asked me, "Who is this guy Marisco? He sure seems to own a lot of the sea food restaurants down here!"

Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pinworm
Not a dumb pax comment, but it reminded me of my first job at a pizza delivery store when I was a teenager. I got the following question more often than you would think: "How big is your 12 inch pizza??"
http://digg.com/story/r/Cut_Into_Iso..._Triangles_PIC
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
not a pax but close

A few years back, I was dining at a restaurant near the Santa Cruz, CA boardwalk. It was a clear enough day that one could just see the tip of the Monterey peninsula across the bay. The couple at the next table asked the waiter if that was Hawaii.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:05 am

Another not-a-pax story

--deleted-- Not quite funny enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.