Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plane type

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Plane type

In February, I will be flying from Boston to IAH. Does anybody know what kind of plane usually flies that route?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by m.beowulf.h
In February, I will be flying from Boston to IAH. Does anybody know what kind of plane usually flies that route?
What airline and flight number? It usually tells on your reservation information, or you can look it up on a site like SeatGuru.

Planes vary from airline to airline and route to route, and the same airline may fly several different types of planes on the same route depending on the time of day.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If you are taking a CO nonstop, it will be some version of the 737, most likely the 737-800.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Airline and time

I am flying on either continental, united, or american. I am departing around 3:00 pm.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
There is no CO nonstop that departs around 3 pm. If you tell us what airline and flights you are on, we can look them up for you. However, the website of the airline should also give you that information.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Can't access

I am going on the trip with a few friends, and I was not the one who booked our tickets. I do not know the airline, and I just want a number of a type of plane that usually flies that route.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can search here to see all the flights operating between the cities and check below "Display direct and non-stop flights only" which will then list the flights from various carriers. But you would need to input the date which means you'll have to ask your friend for the date. Aircraft may not necessarily be the same everyday for certain flights while certain flights may operate at different schedules depending on day of the week while there are some flights that are not daily and only operate on certain days of the week as well.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
A-380,

not.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by m.beowulf.h
I am going on the trip with a few friends, and I was not the one who booked our tickets. I do not know the airline, and I just want a number of a type of plane that usually flies that route.
Is there a reason you can't ask your friend for this information instead of asking people to guess?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Is there a reason you can't ask your friend for this information instead of asking people to guess?
Your answer is here and here.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I guess it's just a version of the 737 like someone said earlier. I was hoping for a bigger plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.