Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ever hung out with the inflight crew after landing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Just wondering how often this happens...I just flew a domestic route and ended up staying at the same hotel as the flight crew (rode in on the shuttle with them). They invited me to have a drink with them in the lobby since they were all gathering there. I ended up having a blast chatting about the airline with the pilots and flight crew for several hours.

Anyone else have any experience spending time with multiple members of the crew after landing?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
For me once and only once. Landing at Easter Island the LAN crew were at the guesthouse where I was and we were together for two days. We biked the island together, I was single, so were a couple FA's... and we had a wonderful time. Apart from that memorable situation I have sometimes seen crew members and exchanged greetings, but never anything more than that.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Last time I was in Beijing the crew was in the same hotel as me. We went out and painted the town red after chatting in the lobby. Great fun, and I now have a soft spot for that airlines stewardesses
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Happened a couple of times. A BMi Jungle Jet crew staying at the same hotel as me in EMA. They'd liberated quite a lot of the miniatures from their toy aircraft, kept them well hidden in the bar and ordred only the mixers. Jolly good fun that was.

A BA crew at a hotel in IST. Meet them in the outside bar, shared a shisha and then went out for dinner and drinks. Partied pretty hard, resulting in both the skipper and a couple of the hosties not quite meeting the 8 hours from bottle to throttle rule.

Another BA crew at a hotel in IST. A very gay steward took a fancy to me, though I'm as far from being gay myself as can be. Anyway, he introduced me to the rest of the gang, who were a riot. They had a 36 hour layover and we hit the bars and clubs in the Marina together. Honestly don't remember how I got home, but did wake up with a very nice Scottish hostie next to me.

It helps that I'm crew too I suppose, though thankfully not for a passenger carrying airline.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone else have any experience spending time with multiple members of the crew after landing?
Dear Penthouse....

Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
This goes back a few years but I flew into FLL on WN and the crew was staying at the same hotel, The Sheraton on AIA now the Westin where the Shula's restaurant is. The crew was at they were very nice and I talked with them at the bar about life as an airline flight crew.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
Honestly don't remember how I got home, but did wake up with a very nice Scottish hostie next to me.
Post pics or it didn't happen.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Post pics or it didn't happen.
Pics? Videos get Double EQMs; upgrade to well lit in focus videos and get Triple EQMs. ^
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:52 pm

New Years Eve 2006. Hilton Gatwick crew lounge. Quite the party going as is to be expected. Crews from a range of airlines - Continental, US Airways, Zoom, Ghana International, Virgin Nigeria and a handful of charter airlines as well. Two of the guys there claimed to be pilots for an unnamed US carrier, which was not questioned in the rather festive mood that everyone was in.

Sometime in the evening, we started playing drinking games. One of the games was "name something". One category was "Boeing airplanes that begin with 7". We started with "757", "767", "737" until we came to one of these guys who blurts out "7-11". Stunned silence and then one of the Continental girls goes "you're the f***ing air marshal aren't you?" and everyone collapses in laughter. Sure enough....

Evening progresses. Everyone has had way too much to drink by now. I vaguely remember a noisy countdown at midnight and people spraying champagne at each other. Finally at around 2am, I'm sitting on a couch when I feel an arm on my shoulder and a sultry voice going "hey sweetie, you wanna have some more fun?". I turn around and its one of US Airways' umm... shall we say "long serving employee" crew. I sobered up pretty darn quickly after that and went to bed... ALONE! That was a pretty interesting evening...

Plenty of other nights out with crews everywhere from Reykjavik to Abuja to Dubai to Hong Kong, some of which had PG (and a few NC-17) endings. Airline crews do know how to have fun.

Last edited by B747-437B; Oct 6, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Yeah she and I had breakfest together
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My FA friend once invited me to a flight crew party at their layover hotel. (They were laying over in the city where I was living at the time). It was pretty lively.

I can tell you that I know more about the personal lives of Southwest FAs than I really care to. I worked at a hotel where they overnighted. Oh boy. This was in the 80s--big hair and all. Just the most brief of my stories: one of our cuter bellmen caught on the security cameras bopping in the hot tub with not one, but two female FAs from Southwest. Today it would probably end up on the internet.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E71-2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.1.21051/20.2489; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

During my nonrev years I often stayed at crew hotels, in order to take advantage of crew rates. The most "memorable" was the Holiday Inn Jetport at EWR, which was used as a "crash pad" by many off-duty FAs. Nothing wild or scandalous, but lots of chances to hang out with crew who were off duty for several days at a time.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:22 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Here in SJU, on more than one occasion, I've joined CM crewmembers I've met on my PTY-SJU runs for drinks in Old San Juan.

Also, I lived for 2 months at the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf and I ended up hanging out a lot with the regular MX crews that spent the night there, riding bikes and whatnot.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sajgidda
Last time I was in Beijing the crew was in the same hotel as me. We went out and painted the town red after chatting in the lobby. Great fun, and I now have a soft spot for that airlines stewardesses
They have pills for that, you know.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
As some of you may know from my previous postings...

I am married to an ex CX FA who I met on a flight.
We will hit 10 years in December...but I met her during a flight and a post flight party well ended up in wedded bliss some time later.
So I used to hang out with CX crew allot even when not flying.
I got grounded at LHR during the heat wave a few years back, when they weren't letting planes take off until days end (as the temp had cooled down sufficiently). So our flight was delayed until the next day, we were put up at one of those deplorable sheratons near LHR as was the entire crew. We all went to some very old whitewashed pub that was walking distance from the hotel...it was at least 35C so we all sat outside and had a great night of being regaled with stories (the older pilots loved the DC9's said they were very fun and versitile to fly).
Finally I got to be a big shot at the Sheraton in Burlingame CA, as there was a crew of 4 or 5 lovelies from Southwest staying there.
They had to double up rooms and had some ridiculous per diem of $35.00.
So I bring them all to the club room, and the nice lounge lady doesnt bat an eye.
Drinkies and nibbles later, we leave and the lovely ladies are determined we can have a good time on their $140.00.
Now I told them I would buy but they wouldnt hear of it.
Anyways a fun nite in some dive bar I cant remember.
Thats about it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.