KVS Availability Tool

Subscribe
Quote: I think I've seen Z on ITN before. Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were a way to easily see D & A availability?
and R
And "I" of course!!!!!
I'm a bit surprised J/C aren't on the list as well....nothing usually very secret about those two.

Steve
Quote: And "I" of course!!!!!
Agreed that "I" is critical. In order to upgrade a "B" fare internationally, there must be availability in the "I" bucket. "D" is for International Award in WBC. Typically if there is D, there is I, and almost always, D < I.
This is a great tool but lack access to NW hidden fares, just like any other tools available right now. I use it all the time to look at loads.

The price is also right!
Any tool out there for I availability?
After the fall of WPAA lister and availability tool v1.64 (smiley), is there any way to look at I availability, or D?
Quote: After the fall of WPAA lister and availability tool v1.64 (smiley), is there any way to look at I availability, or D?
Yes, use nwa.com and search with the mileage upgrade feature.
so award buckets are no longer visible?
Quote: I'm a bit surprised J/C aren't on the list as well....nothing usually very secret about those two.
Do those classes only apply to certain NW routes?
Quote: Do those classes only apply to certain NW routes?
Correct. P/F are only for flights where FC is sold (usually within North America including Hawaii). J/C/Z are only flights where WBC is sold (usually to/from/within Europe and Asia). Your tool has no trouble with J/C/Z on appropriate routes.
Sigh... yet another completely useless toy for non-Windoze users. I suppose the author has never considered releasing the tool as open source (yes, I know Windoze users don't understand the concept of "open")? Or better yet, writing a platform-independent tool (perhaps using Java or Webservices)? Or perhaps trying to enlist some Linux/Unix/Mac OS X Flyertalkers to help port the app? If the app REALLY works, why not just GPL it and set up a project on SourceForge? I'm sure there are lots of people who would be willing to contribute time to help.

In the meantime, is there any we can see those inventories over the web, without the nice front-end of the tool? I'd be willing to use cryptic interfaces, if I could just find a way to check "I" availability on DL!
Quote: I'd be willing to use cryptic interfaces, if I could just find a way to check "I" availability on DL!
Ehh....

I-class availability is available via ITN (i.e. Carlson Wagonlit Travel).

Example:

08/01/05 DL#55 ATL-NRT: Cabin class: J9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T0

Or is it award availability that you're really looking for (X, V, etc.)?

A.J.
Quote: If the app REALLY works
While I feel no need to defend my choice of the platform (or respond to the implied personal attack contained in your post), I will say that it "really" does work and currently has 800+ FT'ers as registered users, including ~3 users who successfully run it under a Windows emulator on their Macs.
KVS Availability Tool - QF
  • QF Booking Classes Displayed by this Tool (QF Award classes are in green):
    • Apollo: ITN
      • F A J C D W T Y B H K M R L V S N Q O (Long-Haul)
      • J D Y B H K W M R L V S N Q O (Short-Haul)

• WSpan: ITN

• Sabre: ITN
      • F A J C D I W T Y B H K M R (Long-Haul)
      • J D I Y B H K M R L V S N Q (Short-Haul)

• Galileo: ETR

• Amadeus: Awards/OneWorld
      • FS=P CS=U WS=Z YS=X

Quote: As a reminder to everyone: Please do not use (or share) any outdated versions of the Tool, as doing so can, potentially, jeopardize the availability of the underlying data sources.
Why not just make the tool web-based? Then you would control the underlying version all the time, as well as removing all the issues of having to download the tool, it being operating-system specific, proxy issues, etc, etc.
9  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  29  69  119