Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone app to track Tail Numbers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Gold, BA Gold, SkyTeam Gold
iPhone app to track Tail Numbers

If you're at all geeky like me, you might wonder if you ever have flown on a specific aircraft before. The easiest way to know this is to track the Tail Number of planes you fly.

I just released (for free) an iOS app that allows you to easily record key flight details and the tail number of your plane. The app keep tracks of all this and alerts you when you enter a new plane tail if you've ever flown on that physical plane before - and if so, on which routes and dates.

I'd love any feedback or suggestions for future features. You can learn more and download it for free at http://www.PlaneTailTracker.com
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Here's the deal: multiple cross posting is at its essence Spam on FlyerTalk. We'll delete every post on this topic except ONE you're allowed in the appropriate Travel Tools Forum. You may wish to read the FlyerTalk Rules, see http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php, which include:

6.0 Cross Posting

Don't post your topic more than once. Duplicate threads or posts will be deleted, combined or locked. You may cross reference a post in another forum. For example, if you are questioning whether American Airlines or United Airlines may be the best fit for you, post the primary question in perhaps the American forum and then post a link to that thread in the United forum. An exception to this rule includes posts related to charitable activities, please see Rule 11 — Charitable Posts.
Thank you for your understanding.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I posted once in each airline forum that the app support, expecting most people aren't reading the travel tools thread. Thanks for the info though, good to know for future posts.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:15 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Website looks neat. Will wait for the Android app.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
just to be clear - users have to input the tail number themselves ... you aren't sourcing tail numbers based on the flight details ?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Exactly - this is driven by users at the time of the flight recording flight info, including tail number. If someone records a flight but misses the tail number, I am looking at an experimental way of sourcing that afterwards, but that's definitely not the best way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.