Search
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blahter
The info in the OP is out of date.

Install the Chrome Extension

Guide can be found here

Report issues here

Also, use fake FF accounts. Not just for this tool but any of them that use your account info. I promise that I'm not stealing your credentials but if the extension gets stuck on a login loop, at least your real account won't be locked out.
Print Wikipost

AwardFinder Chrome Extension

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
- we need to manually update the app to see the new AC option, yes? not sure if Chrome app auto-updates (like Google Play store Apps)
Chrome apps/extensions do auto-update. According to their documentation, Chrome checks for "updates every few hours". I'm not quite sure exactly what "every few hours" is but it does auto-update. You can go to chrome://extensions, enable Developer Mode and update the app manually.

- can we add a <-> SWAP button between the Cities for easy reverse search
That's a good idea

- change dropdown to at least 4 people?
I'll test this out to make sure all the carriers support 4 people

- Is it easy to add DURATION or LAYOVER hours in results display?
It's not difficult and I've been thinking of adding this but I'm not sure where to put it yet. The results section is already too tall for my liking.

The filtering and connection stops checkboxes are cool, but Filter may be a bit wonky
Should uncheck AC = remove AC-only segment, or remove any result with 1 AC flight?

Same thing with [Cabin] checkboxes. Uncheck Business = I still see results with J+Y vs. I'd prefer to only see Y-only results (I only did a Y search)
I was actually debating how the filters should work. Whether unchecking UA should remove any award that has an UA segment in it or if it should remove only a full UA award. As it is right now if there is an award on UA-LH and you uncheck UA, it'll still show the UA-LH award. My reasoning is that if I'm searching for ORD-FRA, I may be ok with an award ORD-JFK-FRA. Similarly with the cabin filters, I ended up doing it the same way because when I'm searching for an F award, sometimes the short-haul is J and that's fine.

I love the new AC search and willing to pay if we can SCHEDULE alerts, ha ha
Thanks! Alerts are a little tricky since everything runs client side. If I ever figure out how to do alerts, I'll definitely add it.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:03 pm

I'd vote to have carrier filters more restrictive. For aeroplan, if i cannot filter out AC or LH completely it's almost impossible to avoid surcharges.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:54 pm

and I notice the "Saved Searches" are saved across the computer (2 computers in my case)
Is it tied to the Chrome account in use? which is great as I don't need to re-enter
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by efe83
I'd vote to have carrier filters more restrictive. For aeroplan, if i cannot filter out AC or LH completely it's almost impossible to avoid surcharges.
Good to know. I'll take it into consideration.

Originally Posted by jerryhung
and I notice the "Saved Searches" are saved across the computer (2 computers in my case)
Is it tied to the Chrome account in use? which is great as I don't need to re-enter
Yup. It's tied to the account logged in to Chrome. Saved searches are synced across machines. Account info is not.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:06 am

@blahter
Obviously you know you're featured in Jeff's blog
http://canadiankilometers.boardingar...-the-ana-tool/

Keep up the good work
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Yeah. I happened to check the stats for the site yesterday and was shocked at the number of page views.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:56 am

Awesome tool!

Do you have any plans on incorporating the number of seats available if the search engine supports it?

Last edited by xiKiNGix; Apr 27, 2015 at 1:06 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
Awesome tool!

Do you have any plans on incorporating the number of seats available if the search engine supports it?
Thanks.

I didn't but now that you mention it I may. I don't remember exactly but off the top of my head the only carriers that show the number of available seats is JL & BA.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: *void
Hey blather,

Thanks for making your tool available!

I've setup my AC profile with a dummy Aeroplan account (has 1000 miles).

Tried searching YYZ - ORD, it just spins its wheels with the mid-screen status bar saying "AC: initializing"....doesn't come back with any results, even after 15 minute wait.

Ok, so I turned on DEBUG. Tried again, and I see it sitting at the Aeroplan.com login page:

Ideas?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:35 am

I had the identical thing happen 15 minutes ago. I had to log in manually, then it continued.

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Hey blather,

Thanks for making your tool available!

I've setup my AC profile with a dummy Aeroplan account (has 1000 miles).

Tried searching YYZ - ORD, it just spins its wheels with the mid-screen status bar saying "AC: initializing"....doesn't come back with any results, even after 15 minute wait.

Ok, so I turned on DEBUG. Tried again, and I see it sitting at the Aeroplan.com login page:

Ideas?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
I had the identical thing happen 15 minutes ago. I had to log in manually, then it continued.
I see...ok, thanks.

Still, if it can be automated, that would be a bonus. Over to you blather!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Ideas?
Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
I see...ok, thanks.

Still, if it can be automated, that would be a bonus. Over to you blather!
AC seems to have changed their site a little. I've updated the app so it should work now. Just FYI, the AC site seems to not be showing any results for any searches to/from Asia at the moment.

Also, you can now search up for up to 8 pax.

The update is in the process of being deployed. You guys should get the updated version pushed to you in a few hours.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by blahter
AC seems to have changed their site a little. I've updated the app so it should work now. Just FYI, the AC site seems to not be showing any results for any searches to/from Asia at the moment.

The update is in the process of being deployed. You guys should get the updated version pushed to you in a few hours.
Thank you

Yes, AC/AP is having issues, as always, their IT sucks
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by blahter

Thanks blather!

Looks like the erroneous dates have been corrected on 2+ segments on NH searches!

AC (Aeroplan) auto-login is now working, but given Aeroplan's inept IT systems, for how long it will work, who knows?

BTW, the app wouldn't auto-update, so I had to manually force it. The version went from 0.0.0.51 up to 0.0.0.53 ^
Old May 3, 2015, 7:03 am

I'm finding UA isn't showing up with my searches under AC/NH, any one with the same issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.