Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting alerts for special deals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Getting alerts for special deals

I am looking for some kind of tool/service/app/web app that would send me an alert anytime there is a really good offer on an airplane ticket from my city to any destination.

I tried making a list on twitter of the airlines that fly from my local airport but this is not really proving effective.

Do you know of anything like this?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:35 am
Community Director Emerita

Airfarewatchdog provides a list of best fares available from any airport. You could add the limits relevant to you - carrier, distance, cost per mile.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Yes this is what I'm talking about kind off. Unfortunately I'm based in Dubai and the departing airports on Airfairwatchdog are only for the US.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:17 am

It looks like Kayak lets you set a price alert from DXB to "World Cities" (or specific continents).

But beware: "Fares sent are round-trip economy found by KAYAK users in the past 48 hours."
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I found what I was looking for. It's an app call Hopper. It lets you find flights do research on the price and get alerts when the prices drop or are about to rise. Seems to only be for the iPhone.

Here is there web site
http://www.hopper.com/
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jacob
Hi all,

I found what I was looking for. It's an app call Hopper. It lets you find flights do research on the price and get alerts when the prices drop or are about to rise. Seems to only be for the iPhone.

Here is there web site
http://www.hopper.com/
Hopper is discussed here:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.