Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Would Anyone Be Interested in a Travel Concierge Service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Hey Guys,

Since I was a kid I would create very detailed itineraries for trips I took to Europe with my parents. I don't mean like what time our flights were and what hotels we were staying at. I mean like daily hour-by-hour itineraries of where to go, what to see, and most importantly - what to eat. Here's an example: we went to Rome for 8 days so I made an 8 day itinerary. Each day, a route would be mapped out from our hotel to each place we wanted to visit. The first site of each day would always be the one closest to our hotel (it's all about that time optimization right?) and then we'd basically hit all the sites and then the last one would also tend to be nearest to our hotel. For every site I would include the address, phone number, hours of operation, and whether or not tickets were required and how much they cost. Then, basically near almost every site, I would include 1-2 cafes/bars/restaurants that we could pop into to enjoy a gelato or a slice of pizza. Each cafe/bar/restaurant would include the address, phone number, hours of operation, whether reservations are required, and price range (using the $, $$, $$$, $$$$ system).

Would a service like this interest anyone? The point is that vacation time is so limited (especially for Americans) and we simply do not have the time to sit down and do research ourselves and figure out exactly where to go and when and make sure that particular place won't be closed on that day. So considering vacation time is limited you probably want to maximize the amount that you see as much as possible.

I know what you're thinking, schedules aren't for vacation. But this really isn't a schedule, in fact it's really only an efficiently organized list of all the places that interest you that you would want to see, but with helpful tips and details right at your fingertips. So instead of spending precious vacation time flipping through a travel book while trying to figure out the next place to go, you can sit in a cafe (plucked from that days itinerary and reviewed as the ultimate place to grab a coffee) drinking an espresso knowing that you don't have to worry about planning your day. Best part- it's all only a suggestion! You can follow it as much or as little as you want.

Also, the itinerary is completely customizable based on your interests. So if you're not a museum person but you love cooking and wine, then I could tailor the itinerary to include cooking classes, wine tastings, and the like.

What do you guys think? Would you like the option of such a service? I really appreciate all your comments!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: SK, LH
its a good service.
i do it for my own family trips atleast thrice a year.
i also include best flights, hotels.
it gives a satisfaction at the end of the day.
will i pay for it?
i wont because its difficult for me to explain to another person about my interests, budget, etc.
but if i do it once, im sure i can reuse it for my other trips too.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
I do it for all our holidays (and my husband frequently asks "where is the relaxation time") but I wouldn't pay for it and I don't think the amount of time I spend would be afordable for all but the very richest. Guide books often include itineraries which a lot of people will use.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:19 am

How much would the service cost?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:18 am

Perhaps this could work, if you had fixed prices for various well defined types of service. You could create a website which explained the details of your service.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I know a lot of companies that offer this service. I'm would be interested to know how would using you be more advantageous than existing service providers?

Basically what can you offer that a competitor couldn't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.