Community
Wiki Posts
Search

App/service that notifies about flight schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Question App/service that notifies about flight schedule changes

I have 14 flight segments on UA, both international and domestic, coming up in July-August.

I made all bookings in January. When I logged in to my UA account today, I noticed that all but the international segments have changed hours and/or flight numbers. Apparently, this is common practice.

However,
1) UA doesn't (yet) notify me about these changes, even though they have my email on record and I made all reservations through their website. I guess (or hope) they will notify me eventually, when the flight date approaches.
2) I have the UA app and it also doesn't notify me of changes, even though I can consult my reservations in the app
3) TripIt also doesn't notify me about any of these changes. They don't even update my records with any new schedule information! I have TripIt Pro and all flights were entered using their automated lookup method (ie I entered flight number and day of the year and it automatically populated all other fields).

I would really like to stay on top of my reservations. So at this time, the only thing I can do is to login to united.com every week to check for schedule updates but for 14 flights this is just too time-consuming.

Is there any paid or free app or service that WILL check for schedule updates and will also notify me about changes as they are detected?

Please don't suggest "travel agent" as I cannot transfer custody of purchased reservations from UA to a travel agent.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
No tool suggestion but the chance for schedule changes decrease as you get closer to departure -- once you reach 3 months or so out things do tend to settle down quite a bit.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mozilla
Please don't suggest "travel agent" as I cannot transfer custody of purchased reservations from UA to a travel agent.
I don't know what 'custody' is, but there's no reason that your travel agent, or anyone else that you authorize, can't use your record locator and name to access your reservations.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
I don't know what 'custody' is, but there's no reason that your travel agent, or anyone else that you authorize, can't use your record locator and name to access your reservations.
I mean that it is normally the obligation of the party of who you've bought the ticket (in my case, the UA website, but it could also have been a travel agent or another airline) to inform you of changes to your schedule.

It is, afaik, not possible to transfer this obligation from one party to another (for example, from the UA website to a travel agent).

But if you would know a travel agent that offers, for a fee, a service to monitor your reservations and to inform you immediately of all changes to your reservations, even if those reservations are not booked through them, then please let me know.

Last edited by mozilla; Apr 21, 2014 at 7:30 pm
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No tool suggestion but the chance for schedule changes decrease as you get closer to departure -- once you reach 3 months or so out things do tend to settle down quite a bit.
Thanks - that's useful information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.