Using Expert Flyer with Fare Basis Code

Subscribe
Good evening,

I have a trial membership at Expert Flyer. I understand you can use the Fare Basis Code to discover allowable flight options and to find the number of stops allowable.

Can someone please walk me through it? Especially since I have two fare classes on the outbound.

We can use the following as an example

My Trip Receipt
Passenger Name: TXXXXX DXXXXX GXXXXX
Delta Confirmation #: G9XXXX
Ticket #: 00670656XXXXX
SkyMiles Number: 91078XXXXX
Flight Information
Flight Class Date From/To Fare Basis Code Coupon Status
DL1832 U 16JUL12 MSP-ORD UA21A0NA OPEN
DL5774 T 16JUL12 ORD-SLC TD14A0NA OPEN
DL1074 K 20JUL12 SLC-MSP KD07A0QA OPEN

Billing and Ticketing Information
Issue Date: 04JUN12
Issuing Agent Id: >AA/A83
Fare Details: MSP DL CHI82.79UA21A0NA DL SLC Q9.30 197.21 TD14A0NA DL
MSP Q9.30 335.81KD07A0QA USD634.42END ZPMSPORDSLC XFMSP4.5OR
D4.5SLC4.5

Thanks
Tom
What are you looking for? Are you trying to add on more stops/cities to increase the miles on the existing booking? Have you purchased the ticket yet?
As this deals with the specifics of one of the travel tools I'll move it over to that new FT forum for future help.

tcook052
MR Forums Moderator
Yes looking for more stops to increase miles. In this case the ticket is purchased, but also looking to fully utilize the Expert Flyer tools pre-purchase.

Tom
Quote: Yes looking for more stops to increase miles. In this case the ticket is purchased, but also looking to fully utilize the Expert Flyer tools pre-purchase.

Tom
You can use the Fare Information search to search for a particular Fare Basis code, then you can see the Fare Rules and the Routing rules for that fare via the results page which will show you the valid routing or MPM for that fare.

When you do the fare search, please click on Show Advanced Options so you can enter a Ticketing Date if you have already purchased the ticket.

For more information, please read our User Guide and EduGuide.