Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hotel Savings Website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Smile New Hotel Savings Website

Hello, everyone! I am new here. Originally from the Dominican Rep, currently living in Barcelona, Spain.

I would like to share with you this amazing site I found in a German forum. They are called TripRebel and when you book a room on their site, they check for price reductions ever day, and if the price goes down, they cancel your previous reservation and get you a new one with the better price! I thoght it was worth to check it out.

In this German forum I also found a discount code for 10% discount on your booking. The code is: BILD10

Hope you find this as interesting as I do
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
It seems legitimate:
Travel + Leisure - New Website Trip Rebel Offers Hotel Savings

A new website called Trip Rebel—currently in beta—is aiming to be the next Tingo. The concept is simple: You book your hotel stay through the Germany- and Austria-based site, which currently lists more than 200,000 properties around the world. It then tracks your reservation for price reductions every day until you check in. If the price drops, you’ll be automatically re-booked at the new rate, and the difference is refunded to your credit card.

<snip>
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:45 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
There are several reasons not to find this attractive.

One, mentioned in the T+L article, is that "it doesn’t work with nonrefundable rates". Another is that some loyalty programmes limit benefits on bookings made through OTAs or other third party websites. Also, booking via TripRebel means going without cashback.

On those occasions when I make a 'full price' refundable booking months in advance, what I'm likely to be looking for nearer the time isn't typically a cheaper refundable rate. It's more likely to be a decent advance purchase deal, or a sale, or just a new reservation within the terms of a "bonus points" offer.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:42 am

Hey, I actually booked with them this summer for a stay in Antwerp and it worked. I got 20$ refund because my room's price went down!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:14 am
IMH

Originally Posted by TravelingRose
I actually booked with them this summer for a stay in Antwerp and it worked.
To make that information useful to others, it would be necessary to have an idea of when you booked, what the original rate was, how close to check-in the reduction came through and, crucially, whether you actually paid less than if you had booked a nonrefundable rate through an OTA and/or cashback site in the first place.

I'll add a welcome to FlyerTalk and hope that you go on to post more than TripRebel praise and TripRebel discount codes.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:47 am

Hello IMH. Thank you for welcoming me, and you are right! This is one of my first times in a forum and I am not quite used to how it works. To explain my last post further. I came across Trip Rebel on Instagram and decided to check them out since I was going to travel in a few weeks.
I booked the Eden Hotel Antwerp for 173.20 euros for two nights at the end of July (for the Tomorrowland music festival), and about two days before I was due to arrive in Antwerp, I got an e-mail from Trip Rebel saying that they had found a 28.20 euro cheaper rate for my room, and I got that amount refunded on my card. I think I did pay less than if I booked a nonrefundable rate, because when I was booking, they also offered nonrefundable rates rooms, and the price for that was just a few euros less than the one I booked. Although maybe this is not the case every time. But overall I had a nice experience with them, and will probably use it again in the future.

Hope this was a better post
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:10 am
IMH

Thanks for following up, TravelingRose.

I'm sure I won't be alone in watching the thread and hoping that other people report their experiences.

Enjoy FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:26 pm

Sites like this and Tingo can be useful when you book far in advance. In such cases, I'll usually book a room with points and also a refundable room with price-drops on Tingo.

Then a few days before the trip, I'll check the final price (after drops) on Tingo, and compare that with non-refundable prices available from orbitz/priceline and rates on the hotel's website. Then I decide which one to go with and if necessary cancel others.

Obviously this isn't worth it if you're staying one night at a cheap property, but for longer stays at expensive properties the savings/flexibility are worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.