Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:20 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
A bit of feedback on the website.. I had a difficult time trying to find a link to my reservation..

I had to go back to my e-mail and click on the link there because I couldn't find where to go on the website for my reservation.. Other than that.. looks almost too simple to use, which isn't at all bad..
Thanks for the feedback.

It's under Help... and then Reservation Lookup... We do need to do a better job making it more prominent though.

We're hoping to soon have a place where you can enter in your email address and be emailed your pending reservations. That should make things a bit easier.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Thanks for the feedback.

It's under Help... and then Reservation Lookup... We do need to do a better job making it more prominent though.

We're hoping to soon have a place where you can enter in your email address and be emailed your pending reservations. That should make things a bit easier.
Not a big deal.. and I'm on the internet a good 2 or 3 hours a day sometimes surfing.. but for the life of me I couldn't find the link to the reservations..

Great product.. hopefully the companies participating are liking it and will continue to participate.. sure takes the headaches out of rate looking quite a bit..
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: Starwood
Great idea. Reminds me of bnm.com

Some Feedback:
As a Design/UI person, the site looks welcoming and well thought out. I like the gradients and general layout.

As a first time visitor, it took me some time to figure out what the site actually does. My eyes were wondering all over the place from the winking car, to the coupons header button to actually wanting to click the video button.

I think it would be great to highlight your slogan, because thats when I figured out it had something to do with getting a great deal on a rent a car (it was overpowered by everything else) Generally people look at the top left first when coming to a site and that is where your logo and slogan is but my eyes wanted to see all the other fun colors instead.

I also love tabs and you have a nice call to action in your search tab right in front. You could actually tone down the non-active tab so people dont get confused which tab is in front.

Hope this helps

-Dan
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by dankwonjr
Some Feedback:
As a Design/UI person, the site looks welcoming and well thought out. I like the gradients and general layout.

As a first time visitor, it took me some time to figure out what the site actually does. My eyes were wondering all over the place from the winking car, to the coupons header button to actually wanting to click the video button.

I think it would be great to highlight your slogan, because thats when I figured out it had something to do with getting a great deal on a rent a car (it was overpowered by everything else) Generally people look at the top left first when coming to a site and that is where your logo and slogan is but my eyes wanted to see all the other fun colors instead.

I also love tabs and you have a nice call to action in your search tab right in front. You could actually tone down the non-active tab so people dont get confused which tab is in front.
Awesome feedback Dan! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. I definitely think it will be useful
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
Anyone know of a hotel equivelent?

Is there anything out there that works like this for Hilton hotel reservations? I've searched that forum with no luck. A "Hiltonslash" would make me trips even cheaper because they often lower prices closer to the date.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Rental pick up went smooth with no problems..

Thanks AutoSlash.. it worked!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:46 pm

Just confirming, as I am not 100% certain...

Does AutoSlash 'slash' across different rental providers? I would be happy for my reservation to change to a different provider, even vehicle type within reason, however I am still not certain if this will be the case.

So far so good, already seen $50+ slashed from my reservation^
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Just confirming, as I am not 100% certain...

Does AutoSlash 'slash' across different rental providers? I would be happy for my reservation to change to a different provider, even vehicle type within reason, however I am still not certain if this will be the case.

So far so good, already seen $50+ slashed from my reservation^
Yes, we absolutely do 'slash' across different companies. If we find a better deal then we will email you and give you the option to switch. We do take company reputation and convenience (on-airport vs. off-airport) into account though.

You can imagine that Payless is almost always less than Hertz, and in most cases, customers booked with Hertz would probably not switch to Payless, so typically we would not alert in this situation. Otoh, if you were booked with Payless and we found a lower discounted rate in the same or higher car class with Hertz, we will surely email you as most people would choose to switch.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yes, we absolutely do 'slash' across different companies. If we find a better deal then we will email you and give you the option to switch. We do take company reputation and convenience (on-airport vs. off-airport) into account though.

You can imagine that Payless is almost always less than Hertz, and in most cases, customers booked with Hertz would probably not switch to Payless, so typically we would not alert in this situation. Otoh, if you were booked with Payless and we found a lower discounted rate in the same or higher car class with Hertz, we will surely email you as most people would choose to switch.
Thanks^
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Thanks^
That's actually one of my initial confusions about AutoSlash..

was when I was instructed by the you, the AutoSlash rep, to make a reservation.. I didn't know you guys were slashing accross companies to get the lowest rate..

Perhaps, this could be explained more clearly to consumers.. and the method and ongoing auction bid down that happens with AutoSlash.. would help consumers who do not understand the service to build confidence in using the service..
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I've tried Autoslash a few times over the past few days and would like to offer some feedback/questions:

(1) At least from the few trips I've looked at, it appears that Autoslash's results omit some major car rental players. I don't see Alamo and Budget in the matrix of options. Alamo, in my experience, is perhaps the single most ripe car rental provider for coupon and code discounting. Are these providers not part of the Autoslash universe and, if so, is there a reason for that?

(2) It doesn't look like there's an option of actually creating an account with Autoslash. I'd sure like to store my frequent renter numbers (i.e. Hertz #1 Club Gold) with Autoslash so I don't have to input them each time.

(3) I think Autoslash would benefit greatly from giving its customers a menu of choices with regard to slashing down and across providers from the time of booking or as part of stored account preferences. For example, let's say I select an mid-size car. Am I willing to accept a full-size at a lower price? Almost certainly. What about a compact? Maybe not. How about letting me check a box indicating what car sizes/types I'm willing to accept if it saves me money? Same too for rental car providers. Perhaps even let me rank them in order from which I most prefer to which I least prefer and perhaps even to those from which I won't rent period.

(4) Why does Autoslash not offer a larger universe of pick-up and drop-off increments, say, half hours or quarter hours?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
(1) At least from the few trips I've looked at, it appears that Autoslash's results omit some major car rental players. I don't see Alamo and Budget in the matrix of options. Alamo, in my experience, is perhaps the single most ripe car rental provider for coupon and code discounting. Are these providers not part of the Autoslash universe and, if so, is there a reason for that?
Unfortunately, these companies have declined to do business with us--apparently the price tracking and discounting services we provide were too aggressive and saved their customers too much money. We hope they will change their minds at some point in the future.

(2) It doesn't look like there's an option of actually creating an account with Autoslash. I'd sure like to store my frequent renter numbers (i.e. Hertz #1 Club Gold) with Autoslash so I don't have to input them each time.
This is one of our top-requested features from FlyerTalkers, and we have some ideas along this line. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration!

(3) I think Autoslash would benefit greatly from giving its customers a menu of choices with regard to slashing down and across providers from the time of booking or as part of stored account preferences. For example, let's say I select an mid-size car. Am I willing to accept a full-size at a lower price? Almost certainly. What about a compact? Maybe not. How about letting me check a box indicating what car sizes/types I'm willing to accept if it saves me money? Same too for rental car providers. Perhaps even let me rank them in order from which I most prefer to which I least prefer and perhaps even to those from which I won't rent period.
Absolutely, and again, we already have some ideas for how to make something like this work. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration!

(4) Why does Autoslash not offer a larger universe of pick-up and drop-off increments, say, half hours or quarter hours?
Simplicity. Our UI testing indicated it was faster and simpler for users.

In our experience, rental agencies are pretty fuzzy with their times. Even if someone's booked at 5:45pm (most likely their travel agent did that because their flight was scheduled to land at 5:45), it's likely they won't show up until 6:00 or 6:30. In most instances, just picking the closest hour (6pm) is sufficient. As long as you show up within an hour or so of your chosen time, the rental agency won't even know the difference.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:31 pm
Suspended

I would agree to set up an account option where I don't have to fill out reservation info over and over again..

and I can understand why some companies have declined to do business.. but the fact that a number of companies are.. will have a crack at my business as I'm not always loyal to a rental brand.. price and product are major factors who we decide to rent from..

Keep up the good work Auto Slash.. the rental went smoothly as communicated..
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I have a car rental in Vegas coming up. I've received 3 e mails from Autoslash revising my reservation price downward. Original price was ~$250. Current price ~$185. ^
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I have a car rental in Vegas coming up. I've received 3 e mails from Autoslash revising my reservation price downward. Original price was ~$250. Current price ~$185. ^
Excellent.. and the nice thing about your reservation, its completely cancellable with no penalty or obligation if you find a lower price elsewhere..

Once we've got my Hawaii Spring Break dates set for Oahu and Maui, I will be doing a reservation on www.autoslash.com , since we received an excellent discount on our LAX mini-van rental this past summer..

The rate we received from www.autoslash.com was almost $500 cheaper, and there was unlimited miles with the rental, whereas my other option, had a mileage limit, with a variable mile cost over the allowance..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.