Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GateGuru - New App for Phones [Update: GateGuru was Shut Down]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
GateGuru - New App for Phones [Update: GateGuru was Shut Down]

This iPhone app launched recently, and they plan to have it available for other platforms.

GateGuru is a new tool to transform the chaotic and unfamiliar airport environment into a more satisfying experience before and after flights, and during layovers. GateGuru serves as the leading light to locate the best food, shopping and service options within any airport at the touch of a button.
Linkage
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
GateGuru = $1.99.

There's also a free version called GateGuru Lite, limited to 2 airports of your choice.

I haven't used it yet so don't know how easy and useful it is.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by N965VJ
This iPhone app launched recently, and they plan to have it available for other platforms.

GateGuru is a new tool to transform the chaotic and unfamiliar airport environment into a more satisfying experience before and after flights, and during layovers. GateGuru serves as the leading light to locate the best food, shopping and service options within any airport at the touch of a button.
Linkage
I might have to give that a whirl. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:58 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Downloaded it. I'll play around with it on my JFK-SFO-SNA-DEN-LGA MR this Saturday.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:27 am
Company Representative - GateGuru

Hello from GateGuru

Hi everyone –

My name is Dan Gellert and I am the creator of GateGuru. First off, thanks very much for starting this forum. The FlyerTalk community is very important to us at GateGuru, so I figured I would introduce myself.

In case you are not familiar with GateGuru, it is an iPhone / iPod Touch app released this week that is meant to serve as an in-airport guide for the top 85 U.S. airports. It provides users with the locations of in-airport amenities (down to the gate level) as well as reviews and ratings of those amenities from fellow travelers.

We hope to leverage the community here to help us better understand what people like and don't like about the product, new ideas for it, where we should expand to next, etc. I would love to get your feedback on the application and would be happy to respond to questions or discuss ways to improve it.

Our website is located at: www.gateguruapp.com. You can download GateGuru at: http://bit.ly/ggitunes. There is also a free version (you get 2 airports of your choice versus 85) for those who want to try before you buy (link: http://bit.ly/5JGFQI).

Thanks
Dan
dan{at}gateguruapp{dot}com
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuru
Hi everyone –

My name is Dan Gellert and I am the creator of GateGuru. First off, thanks very much for starting this forum. The FlyerTalk community is very important to us at GateGuru, so I figured I would introduce myself.

In case you are not familiar with GateGuru, it is an iPhone / iPod Touch app released this week that is meant to serve as an in-airport guide for the top 85 U.S. airports. It provides users with the locations of in-airport amenities (down to the gate level) as well as reviews and ratings of those amenities from fellow travelers.

We hope to leverage the community here to help us better understand what people like and don't like about the product, new ideas for it, where we should expand to next, etc. I would love to get your feedback on the application and would be happy to respond to questions or discuss ways to improve it.

Our website is located at: www.gateguruapp.com. You can download GateGuru at: http://bit.ly/ggitunes. There is also a free version (you get 2 airports of your choice versus 85) for those who want to try before you buy (link: http://bit.ly/5JGFQI).

Thanks
Dan
dan{at}gateguruapp{dot}com
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I was at DCA today for a shuttle flight but I already knew the answer to the question, where can I get dinner: Five Guys!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
What other platforms do you plan on expanding to and when?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Welcome to FT, GateGuru.

I've played around a bit with GateGuru Lite. Certainly lots of potential. My suggestions:
- make the app more graphical
- use the compass and GPS functions of the 3GS to make it more dynamic and interactive
- augmented reality!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I was at DCA today for a shuttle flight but I already knew the answer to the question, where can I get dinner: Five Guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome GadgetFreak. I am a big Five Guys fan as well, although my choice at DCA always tends to be Potbellys! We don't have any of those in NYC, so whenever I can get one of their sandwiches, I will do practically anything.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
What other platforms do you plan on expanding to and when?
Great question, and one that we have been getting A LOT. Our next two platforms will be Blackberry and Android. Which of those platforms would the people here like to see first? We plan to make both of these available in 2010 (most likely late 1st half of 2010).
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by bp888
Welcome to FT, GateGuru.

I've played around a bit with GateGuru Lite. Certainly lots of potential. My suggestions:
- make the app more graphical
- use the compass and GPS functions of the 3GS to make it more dynamic and interactive
- augmented reality!
BP888 -
All great suggestions. We definitely have plans to make the app more graphical. Ideally it will offer users the ability to see the amenities in a map or list view. This is a pretty big undertaking to do right, but we do realize that it is an important feature. When we do our next big release (v2.0), it will have maps most likely.

In regards to points 2 & 3, we are currently bringing on board a top iPhone developer who really understands how to leverage the unique attributes of the iPhone for creative features of an application. I hadn't thought of #2 (we have discussed #3) and we certainly will think about the best way to do this in GateGuru.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by GateGuru
Our next two platforms will be Blackberry and Android. Which of those platforms would the people here like to see first?
Put me down for BlackBerry.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:01 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
One vote here for Android. The score is tied!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I vote Android.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Android. And international airport support.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.