Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Windows Live Hotmail - help with photo attatch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
apparently there is an alternate go-around tool that needs you to sign up for yet another MS "enhancement"..... what a way to piss off users...
The users that have commented on that thread seem to be confused about what Microsoft is recommending. The MS recommendation was to download and install Windows Live Mail, which is the desktop client for Hotmail. There's nothing else to sign up for and it's not an "enhancment", it's simply a desktop client that's been around for awhile. It's quite good, too.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 9:31 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yeah... but from what I read the desktop client is not the solution o am I missing something..???
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yeah... but from what I read the desktop client is not the solution o am I missing something..???
The desktop client *IS* the solution that MS recommended in the thread being referred. At least temporarily until they fix the web client. Photo attach works great in the desktop client.

Again, nothing new to sign up for. Just install the desktop client and you have access to all of your email, contacts, and calendar in your existing hotmail account. I use the desktop client on all of my PC's and only use the web interface when I'm on someone else's PC or a kiosk.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
My solution is to use the skydrive features, upload the photos to that into an album and send a link to the album. My guess is that it takes a lot less bandwidth at the MS server level. Give it a shot...not a bad alternative.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:08 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Many tools listed here, while useful... are not for the IT challenged.

Why doesnt MS just bring back the friggen' feature...?!?!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.