Search

Blackberry repair service recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:49 pm
mkt
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Blackberry repair service recommendations

A good friend of mine gave me a free unlocked Blackberry Bold today (woohoo!). The catch is that it fell in the pool. Everything works, minus the 'A' key. Well, this would make a good backup handset, and I really want to get it fixed.

Any recommendations as to who will do it? Obviously the warranty is now nil, but if it's less than the cost of buying the handset, I'd be willing to pay to get it fixed.

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
if it just fell in the pool today - take battery out and let it dry for a few days somewhere warm.

Try again.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
If it is something to do with the key pad you could probably fix it yourself.
I would take it apart and pull the key pad off and see if you can't get the button to work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXToCiqqM0

If it is the main board you might as well throw it out as the cost to fix will probably be more then just buying a new one.

You may want to try switching this out.http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-BOLD-...41510002r15486

Last edited by hoops7k; Jun 14, 2009 at 1:34 pm
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Blackberry has a flat rate repair plan for out of warranty/damage. It's on their site - support.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.