Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Outputting computer to a Phillips TV 27ST6210/27 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

At a hotel that has a Philips 27" real flat commercial TV 27ST6210/27....

It has the requisite inputs, both back and side, for connecting the video feed from the computer.

I've tried both back and side inputs, the red/yellow/white RCA inputs as well as the S-video inputs.

It appears that the problem is that with this model, I can't figure out a way of forcing the tv to AV1 or AV2.

There's no switch, and hunts for the owners manual have turned up fruitless.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 3:33 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61 Wi-Fi 3G GPRS: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Symbian OS; Nokia E61/0633.09.04; 9730) Opera 8.65 [en] UP.Link/6.5.1.3.0)

How about a cheap universal remote?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 4:29 pm

I found the manual with a Google search.

If the TV is in "Standard" security mode, you can access the menus by typing 319753 and then press the mute button.

If the TV is in "High" security mode you won't be able to access the menus without a special remote.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:21 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

thank you. Your Googlin' skills are better than mine

No joy, though.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:41 pm

Did you try pressing the A/Ch button?

That's how you change the input source if the TV isn't locked. If it is locked, then I guess you have to ask the hotel for help.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Going to be staying at that hotel again. What would a universal remote do and how would I do what I need to do with it?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been trying to use my Sony HDTV as a monitor for my Thinkpad T42 without success. Last Fri I got a new 4 meter S-Video cable so its time to try again.

MisterNice
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by MisterNice
I have been trying to use my Sony HDTV as a monitor for my Thinkpad T42 without success. Last Fri I got a new 4 meter S-Video cable so its time to try again.

MisterNice
MisterNice: I just got this cable on Ebay, so I could watch instant movies from Netflix on my TV from my laptop. Works great. Let me know if you have any problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-S-VIDEO-TO-3-R...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:01 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Going to be staying at that hotel again. What would a universal remote do and how would I do what I need to do with it?
What I had in mind - most universal remotes come with the generic codes for major brands, and most have an A/V button to toggle between the inputs. Now if you buy the same brand remote as the TV - how about a Philips Prestigio for about 40 bucks on eBay. You can then probably find some other use for it apart from spending hours trying to get a TV monitor working...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I love FlyerTalk.

Thank you.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:45 pm

I had trouble accessing the security mode, it turns out is was the phone line connected to the back of the television. I recommend the following steps to get access to the side or Aux inputs.

Disconnect the telephone line on the back of the TV.
Access the menus by typing 319753 and then press the mute button.
Menu should now be up, scroll down and select "Channel Install"
With "channel" highlighted press right arrow on remote to bring up AUX setting
Next scroll down to "channel ring" and change to "saved"

This will allow to to access the Aux inputs by using source button on remote or by scrolling down below channel 02.

FYI, when you plug the phone line back into the TV the hotel settings are reset and you will no longer have access to the Aux inputs. So don't plug the line back in until you are down watching your movie.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:33 pm

Nice first post, Sky. Welcome to FT.

As Sky notes, most hotel TVs are crippled on purpose. I wish I could take their flat panels out of permanent wide screen mode and change them to zoom mode.

The remodeled Sheraton Gateway at SFO has all sorts of tv inputs on a panel near the tv. I bet it would work there.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.