Wiki Posts
Search

Airport express problems

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Airport express problems

I'm about 2 seconds away from throwing the airport express in to a brick wall.

I use it to xtend the range of my old extreme but the express has complteley lost the plot.

Sometimes I can only find it scanning for it with ethernet plugged in. Sometimes only wireless. Mostly only after a complete factory reset.

I'm going completely loopy here as the only way I can get any work done is if I have the network working in my cottage on the farm.

ARGH!

/E
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

and for some inexplicable reason I now have a solid green light and full connection. Go figure.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA GS
What is between the extreme and express? Microwave, phone etc.....
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:00 am
Original Poster

double glazed window.
50-60 feet of fresh air
single paned window.

I can now detect the extreme from within where the express is but very very flaky. Mostly not. Now sitting in the main house again.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

and, there is a dvb-t digital aerial in there as well, but that aerial is not between the extreme and the express. Although, it is in the same room as the express. Has been for as long as the express has.

Sitting in the main house I reach both base stations just fine. I can update settings etc. I've just managed to turn on the interference thingy on the express so hopefully that will help. And tomorrow I'll mount the digital aerial on the outside of the cottage.

The only difference between working before and not working now is that the weather is slightly colder than it was before. I know ice on antennas do have an impact but these are indoors and there is no ice on them. No snow on the ground either.

/E
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA GS
How old is the express?
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iwebslinger
How old is the express?
It's about 3 years old and has had very little use.

Yesterday I got it working and sat down thinking.

About teh same day it went down I updated the software for the tubestick (www.eguinux.com) to the new 2.0 beta which so far isn't publicly availabe. The software located the update itself.

Yesterday I could reach the express just fine from the main house so managed to update the settings and kick in the interference robustness. This seems to have done the trick because returning to my cottage I had full signal again.

I can only think of that being the problem. I just can't figure out how a software update can have an impact on the wireless transmission/reception on an unrelated product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.