Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Thinking about moving from Sprint to TMobile what do you think?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking about moving from Sprint to TMobile what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by iwebslinger
Does Opera mini work on it?

Yep sure does
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
Nope. Not true.
On some TMo branded phones the gMail application will not work because it isn't signed. On most phones is will work.

I personally would recommend not purchasing TMo branded phones unless you first confirm that the applications you want to use work on that TMo phone. As someone already said, you can use any GSM phone that supports the frequencies that TMo uses (basically any Quad Band phone will work).

I have TMo and love it. The customer service is fantastic, the switch from ATT saved me $60 a month (Family plan), and I with the exception of one phone I do not have any TMo branded phones. It just so happens that the TMo branded phone won't run gMail but my wife doesn't care about it so it is a non-issue.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I've got both Sprint and T-mobile, quite happy with both.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
I was so impressed by the customer service yesterday that I went down and got a TMo BB 8320. I set it up and I'm ready to go. As we do exchange it was pretty easy.

Couple of questions - What is the Tmobile Catherine Zeta Jones phone jingle? I went through all the available ringers offered and I can't seem to get it.

GPS. I went where I normaly go to activate it and it was not available. TMo not offer GPS?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
You're much better off going to HowardForums.com or Blackberryforums.com for these specific questions related to your phone.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson

Couple of questions - What is the Tmobile Catherine Zeta Jones phone jingle? I went through all the available ringers offered and I can't seem to get it.

Now we know why you really wanted to switch to TMo - some Catherine Zeta Jones fetish...

This link may help with the GPS questions.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indo79
Yep sure does
Are you using Opera 4 beta or an earlier version? I can't seem to have it install.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
I have heard you cannot download the gmail application on T Mobile. Is it true?
I use m.Gmail.com on an unmodified RAZR and an iPAQ through the T-MobileWeb WAP facility that costs $5.99 per month for unlimited service.

The hack used to download the Gmail app is described here (not for the faint-hearted): http://www.sarahintampa.com/sarah/20...g_the_tmo.html
Old Nov 8, 2007, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently went the other way. I had a really bad feeling about Sprint, but they have proven thay they are actually quite capable. CS is indeed useless, but voice and data have been rock solid. I'm keeping one T-mobile line around for international roaming, but my other 3 lines all went to Sprint.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

iwebslinger, is local coverage an issue? I believe you live in upstate NY? I grew up Herkimer county, where my parents still live, and coverage is spotty when in that area.

I switched to T-mobile from Sprint almost 2 years ago. T-mobile's customer service is miles, miles, miles ahead of Sprints...
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I did the opposite, switching from T-mobile to Sprint back in Dec '05 because of the lack of fast data service, and the fact that I'd have to have bought an expensive unlocked phone from a third party to get a WM5 PDA/phone.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
I find it strange that so many people seem to think that Sprint CS sucks. I've def. had billing and tech issues with Sprint before, but the CS folks seem to be pretty professional most of the time and if there is an issue, a manager is but a request away. Will I jinx myself and get some horror story in the next few weeks? Maybe. But so far (and I've been a Sprint customer since 2003) I've had very few problems. And their network just rocks, plain and simple.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I got the 8320 from TMO and I'm liking it very much. The wifi thing is cool. And the handset is smaller but feels very good in my hands. I'm not sure of the keyboard - they are raised which makes my thumbs slip because they have a little bit of nail that I need to trim.

Want to add further that with wifi I can get all my emails even if cell signal is off. For me that is great. I can carry my phone internationally and I would still get email(I think pushed) if I'm at wifi hotspot.

Last edited by iwebslinger; Nov 9, 2007 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 9, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by gosha83
I find it strange that so many people seem to think that Sprint CS sucks. I've def. had billing and tech issues with Sprint before, but the CS folks seem to be pretty professional most of the time and if there is an issue, a manager is but a request away. Will I jinx myself and get some horror story in the next few weeks? Maybe. But so far (and I've been a Sprint customer since 2003) I've had very few problems. And their network just rocks, plain and simple.
Call T-mobile customer service on behalf of a friend sometime. It's kinda like only flying US Envoy and thinking it's the greatest... then flying SQ in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.