Wiki Posts
Search

How much isolation should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
How much isolation should I expect?

I received my Shure e2c and I tried the different ear pieces with it. The smaller ones seemed to fit the best. I think I had a good seal on my ears but I can still hear the TV if I am in the TV room. Should I expect total silence or is this the way it is going to be? Also how do you get use to breathing sound? I feel like I have Darth Vader in my head.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tons of threads on noise cancelling in the travel tech forum.

You're not going to get total silence from any of these. They work best at cancelling noise like airplane engines and air friction when flying: not silent, but taking it down quite a bit (notice how loud the airplane seems when you take them off after wearing them for an hour). TV, voices, that kind of thing will be quieter, but will never get totally filtered out.

As for the breathing sound, this is part of the reason I don't use them when there isn't some sort of engine/traveling type sound in the background. These types of headphones also make me feel a little wierd in such cases - sort of makes me feel like I'm not totally connected to the ground or exacerbates my tendency to motion sickness. I'm not sure how to explain it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.